Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 PM
Admin

'The Militia Menace'

"The events of the past few weeks have, once again, drawn attention to the growing threat posed by far-right extremist groups, particularly self-styled "patriot" militias. In late August, Armed white vigilantes claiming to be the "Kenosha Guard Militia" showed up uninvited to "assist" law enforcement in combatting unrest following the police shooting of Jacob Blake in the Wisconsin city. Tragedy ensured when one of the vigilantes, Kyle Rittenhouse, allegedly shot three people, one of whom died. He has been charged with murder and is awaiting an extradition hearing in Illinois.

The events of the past few weeks have, once again, drawn attention to the growing threat posed by far-right extremist groups, particularly self-styled "patriot" militias. In late August, Armed white vigilantes claiming to be the "Kenosha Guard Militia" showed up uninvited to "assist" law enforcement in combatting unrest following the police shooting of Jacob Blake in the Wisconsin city. Tragedy ensured when one of the vigilantes, Kyle Rittenhouse, allegedly shot three people, one of whom died. He has been charged with murder and is awaiting an extradition hearing in Illinois.

Rittenhouse's lawyer describes him as "a minuteman protecting his community when the government would not." Apparently, the attorney does not realize that his defendant lives in Antioch, Ill., and is a 17-year - he cannot legally own a firearm in either state. Furthermore, Wisconsin law prohibits individuals without training or authority performing an official function, such as policing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgdhp

Comprehensive op ed from those flaming liberals at 'The Hill'.

These are the people causing most of the violence this summer. I hope that what's left of the FBI is paying attention. I fear that the Ochre Fool is going to call on these loons to "protect the vote" in the fall.

We need to just show up and vote. T'Rump has at most a third of the vote.

Please check your voting status at vote.org or your state website. Don't let anyone steal your voice and your right to choose our leaders. If you live in a so-called 'red' state? Make sure you haven't been purged.

I've never hidden my druthers and I'd druther Deadbeat Don ends up in Riker's for tax crimes just like any other old cheating deadbeat. His so-called empire should be seized and disposed of under RICO statutes. How do you like them apples?
Old 09-22-2020, 05:33 PM

I have already voted!

As to the so called militias. They are illegal unless sanctioned and regulated by the state they reside in.

""It does vary state by state. But one thing is consistent - all 50 states have some provision in their state law, whether it's their state constitution or their state statutes, that prohibits private militia, private paramilitary activity. And that's also the case in Wisconsin. In addition, many states, including Wisconsin, prohibit private individuals, untrained, unaccountable to civilian authority from taking on official functions - functions of an official public officer like a police officer without any authority.

And so in Kenosha, what we saw was the armed militias not only acting as paramilitary organizations but also, you know, arrogating to themselves official functions as peacekeepers or law enforcement officers that they have no authority to be undertaking.""

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/30/90772...militias-legal
Old 09-22-2020, 08:08 PM

My biggest fear is that these "militias" will be a problem after the election. We all know tRump will call any outcome that he doesn't like will be called rigged. Some of these militia loons are spoiling for a fight and under the guise of "defending America" we will see violence in our streets. I'm not worried about the ordinary MAGA hat wearing, tRump 2020 flag waving idiots. I'm worried about the ones getting ready for some armed rebellion they're hoping to get in on. The ones who feel it's their duty to go after "America's enemies from within".

Last edited by RickeyM; 09-22-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM

FWIW.

Kyle was not old enough to own a handgun in Illinois. He can own an AR-15 if his mother signed the paper, which apparently she did.

He was not old enough to open carry in Wisconsin.

IMHO, he was being attacked by each of the three people he shot. They were the antagonists, with the intent of disarming him without justification. They did not know he was underage, therefore they had no probable cause. They were playing vigilantly cop, too.

A bunch of armed people rising up after the election would suck. I doubt if that is going to happen.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
FWIW.

Kyle was not old enough to own a handgun in Illinois. He can own an AR-15 if his mother signed the paper, which apparently she did.

He was not old enough to open carry in Wisconsin.

IMHO, he was being attacked by each of the three people he shot. They were the antagonists, with the intent of disarming him without justification. They did not know he was underage, therefore they had no probable cause. They were playing vigilantly cop, too.

A bunch of armed people rising up after the election would suck. I doubt if that is going to happen.

Was not there when the incident happened. So for sake of argument. Kyle could of felt threatened after being taunted, laughed at made fun of. Called names and he began firing. Feeling all alone now from the cult and afraid!!

Then the crowd in an attempt to disarm him rushed and others were shot. So some of the victims may well be heroes.

OBTW I hope the realities of the victims sue the **** out of Kyles Mother!

Last edited by Oerets; 09-25-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:34 PM
Ready

In the current climate, a big violent provocation, which could be pulled of buy a very few instigators, could well lead to a big violent retaliation, and then we'd be in for it.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:53 PM

The New York Times 'broke it all down' regarding the first person Kyle shot. He was retreating from about 4 or 5 guys. He pointed his gun at the first victim as the guy ran at him. The guy stopped, put his hands up. Kyle lower his gun, and turned to walk in the other direction. The victim put his hands down and charged toward Kyle.

Someone in the background fired a handgun in the air. NYT has all this captured in still frames. That shot was (apparently to me) a warning shot, because Kyle turned and shot the guy who was running at him.

The other two guys shot were chasing him as he ran toward armored carriers full of police. They didn't need to be the heroes that tackled him. They could see the cops and the armor. He was running away from them again.

We the people should be allowed to vote about such things. I think they should hold him until he's 21.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:59 PM

In the coming election, the Supreme Court may have to make a decision, like in 2000.

Trump's not going to be able to pull a stunt, like mobilize the military.

Civil unrest will get the military involved. A new President would be in charge of that.

Uncle Joe would become unpopular very fast, if the military starts crushing citizens under his watch.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:20 PM

The police nation wide will be walking off their jobs, next year.

They'll form a militia that will be one big badass group. Form up under the own leader.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
The New York Times 'broke it all down' regarding the first person Kyle shot. He was retreating from about 4 or 5 guys. He pointed his gun at the first victim as the guy ran at him. The guy stopped, put his hands up. Kyle lower his gun, and turned to walk in the other direction. The victim put his hands down and charged toward Kyle.

Someone in the background fired a handgun in the air. NYT has all this captured in still frames. That shot was (apparently to me) a warning shot, because Kyle turned and shot the guy who was running at him.

The other two guys shot were chasing him as he ran toward armored carriers full of police. They didn't need to be the heroes that tackled him. They could see the cops and the armor. He was running away from them again.

We the people should be allowed to vote about such things. I think they should hold him until he's 21.

I will wait until the trial to hear the evidence put forth. The ones shot have no statement to give now.

Plain and simple he had no legal right to be there armed in the first place. So after breaking the law started the whole situation in motion.

One can't carry a weapon when in the act of commenting a crime to then complain self defense when later confronted and kills someone.

Can any criminal complain when attacked in a commission of a crime?