Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Uhh, you mean stuff like "Chimpy McHaliburton Bushitler" ?!? And, last time I checked "Hussein" in the Community-Organiser-In-Chief's middle name..."Jug-Ears" is a reasonably apt description, I think its somewhat more respectable than "Alfred E. Neumann-Head", whom Barry also resembles...(grin)
What do you want, Sandy? You want this board to stay as a pretty civil forum for contrasting political views or do you want to change it into a cage match of infantile insults and name-calling?

Just askin'.

John
Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 AM

Regretably so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Admitting your wrong and doing something about it is two different things.
Throughout his childhood, a man who used to work for me was taught by his father "absolutely never apologise, even if you know you were wrong. Only weak people apologise". This was back in the good old 1950's and despite knowing what he'd been taught was wrong, he was never entirely able to put it behind him. I never saw him hit his children, but he could terrify them with his voice.

He was just plain wrong but having said that, maybe we've swung too far the other way. "never stop a child doing anything in case it effects their emotional development and God help you if you if you ever raise a hand to my child", then these same people complain about poor discipline in schools and wonder why countries that take education seriously produce smarter, more hard working adults.

As you Americans would say, "go figure".
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Abby Normal

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
"never stop a child doing anything in case it effects their emotional development

I have never heard of this. Where is this practiced/advocated?
Seems ridiculous on the surface but I would like to read the theory as to how this is positive.
Quote:
Quote:
and God help you if you if you ever raise a hand to my child"
Quote:
Quote:
, .[/QUOTE]
God would not be able to help you if you raised a hand to one to my kids. I am not a blow hard and I am dead serious.

Last edited by noonereal; 01-03-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What do you want, Sandy? You want this board to stay as a pretty civil forum for contrasting political views or do you want to change it into a cage match of infantile insults and name-calling?

Just askin'.

John
he doesn't like Obie.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Just askin'.

John
Careful John, you're gonna bust Sandy's lollypop...besides, he finished his statement with a "grin"!!!

Besides, Obamma yo Mamma hasn't taken nearly the insults that some on the right have had heaped upon them, most noticeable the "tea baggers" and Sarah Palin.

But I can be a troublemaker too, especially when I'm sober!!! In the spirit of "Why can't we all just get along", I promise to holster MY lollypop, so long as everyone else does too.

Is everybody happy?????????

Chas
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

most noticeable the "tea baggers" and Sarah Palin.
ah yes, the lovely Sarah. Does she tea bag?

(I ended my post with a grin )
Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Throughout his childhood, a man who used to work for me was taught by his father "absolutely never apologise, even if you know you were wrong. Only weak people apologise". This was back in the good old 1950's and despite knowing what he'd been taught was wrong, he was never entirely able to put it behind him. I never saw him hit his children, but he could terrify them with his voice.

He was just plain wrong but having said that, maybe we've swung too far the other way. "never stop a child doing anything in case it effects their emotional development and God help you if you if you ever raise a hand to my child", then these same people complain about poor discipline in schools and wonder why countries that take education seriously produce smarter, more hard working adults.

As you Americans would say, "go figure".
A person can apologize too much. But when you do or say something that is wrong, and we all have, an apology is in order.

As far as corporal punishment, a little can go a long way. And every child is different. The rod has it's place, but I would recommend using it sparingly.

Chas
Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
ah yes, the lovely Sarah. Does she tea bag?

(I ended my post with a grin )
Everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a wise ass.

And that be you, Noon!!!!!

"Grin"!!!!!!

Chas
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a wise ass.

And that be you, Noon!!!!!

"Grin"!!!!!!

Chas
come on Chas, don't you kinda want to attend an "event" with the lovely Sarah?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Area Man

I love to insult and belittle the right. And I really don't blame them when they fire back.

"They smote me hip and thigh, and right merrily did I return the blows!"
------John L. Lewis