Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, Ike, you can have that take-away if you want. But I know you'll also not let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Frankly, since you asked, I could care less about trans-gender American adults. They can do what they want with their bods, dress however they see fit, etc. Minors who are generally not equipped to make adult decisions even on their best days should not have access to such care - particularly like the WA bill that would allow a minor to undergo treatment w/o their parent's knowledge - should have such care delayed until adulthood.
Point number one. I don't give a shit what your attitude is about trans-gender American adults. As long as you support candidates from the Republican Party, you support vicious, vile anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ+ assholes who believe "my body, my choice" doesn't apply to trans or pregnant American women. So stuff your statement and your bigotry up your ass. Sleep with dogs, get fleas like the dog you are.

Here's the thing about gender-affirming support from licensed clinical counselors for minors. Minors in all 50 states have mental health confidentiality rights. In most states at age 12 (some states it's a year or two older) a child has the right to confidentiality when in counseling with a licensed clinical counselor. That right includes the parents of the child. If a young girl walks into a school social worker's office, or a school psychologist's office to discuss feelings about their gender identity, the counselor is legally bound by mental health confidentiality law in all 50 states, to not disclose the content of the meetings with the child, or even disclose that the child is in counseling with anybody, including the kid's parents, absent a signed release of information. Case in point...recently in some shithole red state a 14 year old girl was given information on resources for the purchase of chest binders. The parents found out and are suing the entire state of Arkansas. Too fucking bad. The social worker was following the law, and could have their license to practice suspended, or more likely revoked for a violation of that child's confidentiality rights.

Just another thing a fucking cabbage like you doesn't have a clue about.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm not disputing that. It doesn't make Pacifico or Modelo (nor Molson or Labatt's) "American" beers just as your argument doesn't make Andrés Manuel López Obrador the American President.
Pacifico is a macro brew, which you stated you disdain. Nor is it German. I actually thought it was brewed in part in the US, not just in Mexico. I stand corrected.

I'd also offer Lienenkeugel's. Great domestic beer. The Summer Shandy is a fave,
Old 04-25-2023, 02:16 PM

I'm being ridiculed for my "conspiracy" nonsense from the left and the right.

But Brendan Whitworth, AB CEO, is 'former' CIA. It's said one is never allowed to leave 'The Company'.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/an...eople-9a68a6fc

https://www.fox61.com/video/news/ver...f-d430ab49eec5

It seems to me there is a connection. In this case it would be 'blow back', unintended consequences.

Sorry Bob. Is that pic too big ? Don't know the actual size.

Last edited by BigElCat; 04-25-2023 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:42 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Point number one. I don't give a shit what your attitude is about trans-gender American adults. As long as you support candidates from the Republican Party, you support vicious, vile anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ+ assholes who believe "my body, my choice" doesn't apply to trans or pregnant American women. So stuff your statement and your bigotry up your ass. Sleep with dogs, get fleas like the dog you are.
Wow, hate much Ike?

I know of no one - though there might be some - that are "anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ+". They may not agree point for point with the political agenda of some folks in that group, particularly those on the extreme.

Also, you seem to proceed from the assumption that all trans and LGBTQ+ folks are monolithic in their beliefs. I assure you that's not the case. For example, I've spoken to a few folks who happen to be gay who would not support giving a child anti-puberty meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Here's the thing about gender-affirming support from licensed clinical counselors for minors. Minors in all 50 states have mental health confidentiality rights. In most states at age 12 (some states it's a year or two older) a child has the right to confidentiality when in counseling with a licensed clinical counselor. That right includes the parents of the child. If a young girl walks into a school social worker's office, or a school psychologist's office to discuss feelings about their gender identity, the counselor is legally bound by mental health confidentiality law in all 50 states, to not disclose the content of the meetings with the child, or even disclose that the child is in counseling with anybody, including the kid's parents, absent a signed release of information. Case in point...recently in some shithole red state a 14 year old girl was given information on resources for the purchase of chest binders. The parents found out and are suing the entire state of Arkansas. Too fucking bad. The social worker was following the law, and could have their license to practice suspended, or more likely revoked for a violation of that child's confidentiality rights.

Just another thing a fucking cabbage like you doesn't have a clue about.
Thank you for telling me something I'm quite aware of. You may not be aware that such laws vary from state to state. Here's a summary of Michigan's law - not exactly a red state - which differs from your comments above:

https://umhs-adolescenthealth.org/wp...rk-handout.pdf

For example:

MINORS NEED A PARENT/GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION FOR:
 Vaccines (including HPV)
 Mental health medications
 Inpatient mental health treatment
 An abortion (unless a court-approved waiver is obtained)

HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS MUST OVERRIDE THE MINOR’S CONFIDENTIALITY AND REPORT IF:
 There is suspicion of abuse by an adult
 The minor is a risk to themselves or someone else
 The minor is under age 12 and has been sexually active
 The provider may choose (but is not obligated) to tell the parents about any care provided to the minor patient, for a compelling medical reason.

So, under Michigan law, the child does not need parental consent to seek counseling. It's not forever: no more than 12 visits and no more than 4 months. After that, and/or if treatment goes beyond the office setting and/or includes meds or other medical treatment, you damn betcha the parents need to be informed.

Most competent mental health providers would also WANT the parents involved, or at least be able to assess if the child's parent(s) are able to be supportive in the child's treatment process. That's why the law doesn't block the provider from disclosure, and in many cases requires disclosure.

So, you might want to hold fire on all that name-calling and educate yourself before making such grandiose and absurd statements.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Pacifico is a macro brew, which you stated you disdain. Nor is it German. I actually thought it was brewed in part in the US, not just in Mexico. I stand corrected.

I'd also offer Lienenkeugel's. Great domestic beer. The Summer Shandy is a fave,
I said I disdain American macro lagers (e.g., Bud, Miller, Coors). Many German beers (Bitburger, Warsteiner, Weihenstephaner, Paulaner) also qualify as macro lagers and are excellent. The primary difference is that most American macro lagers deviate from the German Reinheitsgebot (Purity Law) which says beer can only have barley, hops, and water (and yeast). American macro beers generally also have a considerable amount of rice, an adjunct that gives them the necessary fermentable sugars at less cost and with less flavor than barley malt, resulting in a fizzy, largely flavorless concoction. This stuff is to real beer what processed American cheese is to an aged cheddar or Wonder Bread to a real German sourdough rye.

One of my favorite beers is in fact an American lager, but certainly not of the macro persuasion. Prima Pils from Victory Brewing in Pennsylvania is great (even by the standards of great German pilsners) and a world apart from that fizzy shit (Miller Lite) that Miller calls "a fine American pilsner."

Last edited by finnbow; 04-25-2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:09 PM

Ever thought about brewing your own?
Old 04-25-2023, 03:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Ever thought about brewing your own?
My neighbor and I did for about 5 years back in the early 1990's. The trouble was that we'd end up drinking a whole 5-gallon batch with some buddies at one sitting and then have to go out and buy more beer anyway. Soon enough, there were plenty of good craft beers to choose from.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I said I disdain American macro lagers (e.g., Bud, Miller, Coors). Many German beers (Bitburger, Warsteiner, Weihenstephaner, Paulaner) also qualify as macro lagers and are excellent. The primary difference is that most American macro lagers deviate from the German Reinheitsgebot (Purity Law) which says beer can only have barley, hops, and water (and yeast). American macro beers generally also have a considerable amount of rice, an adjunct that gives them the necessary fermentable sugars at less cost and with less flavor than barley malt, resulting in a fizzy, largely flavorless concoction. This stuff is to real beer what processed American cheese is to an aged cheddar or Wonder Bread to a real German sourdough rye.

One of my favorite beers is in fact an American lager, but certainly not of the macro persuasion. Prima Pils from Victory Brewing in Pennsylvania is great (even by the standards of great German pilsners) and a world about from that fizzy shit (Miller Lite) that Miller calls "a fine American pilsner."
Still need a like button.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
While you're calling for economic destruction of the so-called "Red States", allow me to remind you that the population of Kansas voted to keep legal abortions.

We have a Dem, female Governor, Laura kelly. Sharice Davis--Dem is my representative to Washington.

I'm glad you don't have an AR. Sounds like you'd drain the clip at random in some small, rural town to keep your wealth and monied (non-white) priviledge.
My point in one of the gun threads.. it's a wackadoodle with a gun that decides that is the answer.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:54 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChief View Post
My point in one of the gun threads.. it's a wackadoodle with a gun that decides that is the answer.
I point out that the gun slaughter in this case right here is the supposed victim's fantasy. The person he identifies as a hater certainly likes to anger-trip, but has not to my recollection expressed any kill-fantasies.

Correct me if I'm wrong....
Closed Thread