Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2023, 04:32 PM

Boomer this Boomer that!

It may of been cute and even funny, could well be still.

To hear someone use the term "Boomer" to describe (derogatorily) those who happen to be in this age group.

Jealously or envious of my age group it seems. Ours being a driving force for so long. Now they are freaking at the forking out, paying for us as we age. Healthcare costs Social Security and seeing the world we have left them. Knowing their future is uncertain and troubled.

HA! Like mine was not!

I can see how someone could be pissed. Yes I do see it.

It is just like today had a sprinkler go bad when watering. Being a Boomer knew how to fix it and had the spare parts saved from another head. When a younger person would of bought a new one. The younger generation! I know this has been said a thounsand years ago or more....

See it almost weekly someone younger by many years almost angry at us in are later years. Thinking I still can't count or remember what was quoted!

Last edited by Oerets; 08-23-2023 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2023, 04:59 PM

It is my opinion that as a whole Baby Boomers (and I am one) have done a pretty terrible job of aging gracefully. I think a lot of the criticism is justified.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:17 PM
Ready

In my opinion all people are equally self centered, short sighted and blameworthy. The scapegoating of boomers is yet another divisive distraction, propaganda designed to keep people focused on bs AND NOT ON THE ACTUAL CULPRITS.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
In my opinion all people are equally self centered, short sighted and blameworthy. The scapegoating of boomers is yet another divisive distraction, propaganda designed to keep people focused on bs AND NOT ON THE ACTUAL CULPRITS.

Exactly!
Old 08-23-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
And who is the actual culprit when people post over and over again that there is no good music these days?
Old 08-23-2023, 06:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
It may of been cute and even funny, could well be still.

To hear someone use the term "Boomer" to describe (derogatorily) those who happen to be in this age group.

Jealously or envious of my age group it seems. Ours being a driving force for so long. Now they are freaking at the forking out, paying for us as we age. Healthcare costs Social Security and seeing the world we have left them. Knowing their future is uncertain and troubled.

HA! Like mine was not!

I can see how someone could be pissed. Yes I do see it.

It is just like today had a sprinkler go bad when watering. Being a Boomer knew how to fix it and had the spare parts saved from another head. When a younger person would of bought a new one. The younger generation! I know this has been said a thounsand years ago or more....

See it almost weekly someone younger by many years almost angry at us in are later years. Thinking I still can't count or remember what was quoted!
Punks who want some mythical life that doesn't include hard fucking work can kiss my gray haired wrinkled and broke down ass.
Old 08-23-2023, 06:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
And who is the actual culprit when people post over and over again that there is no good music these days?
Raises hand. (grin)
Old 08-23-2023, 06:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
https://youtu.be/9a0rDLlSGSo What Are Their Names? Crosby
Old 08-23-2023, 07:13 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
People love bs.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:27 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
Oh the humanity!