Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Admin

The Dumpsterfire Economy

"U.S. economic growth slowed unexpectedly at the end of last year, providing a sharp contrast to the Trump administration’s enthusiastic talk about the economy and putting fresh pressure on the Republican tax bill to deliver in a way few independent analysts say it can.
The economy expanded at an annualized rate of 2.6 percent from October through December, below the 3 percent many administration officials and outside economists had expected.
Altogether, the economy grew 2.3 percent last year, better than the year before, but short of what President Trump has been promising. The report on gross domestic product, a broad measure of economic activity, cut against the recent round of celebration by the president and his aides about the soaring stock market and U.S. companies delivering tax cut-inspired bonuses to their workers." WP

read:https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.822a3858b6e3

Despite Herr Drump's 'pie in the sky' projections...
Old 01-26-2018, 10:11 PM

Fake News!

Better not let Whell know, ya dang lefty.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:14 PM
Admin

Partying Like It's 2006

"The world's elite are partying like it's 2006, and that should probably scare us. Top business and political leaders, who met last week in the quaint ski chalet town of Davos, Switzerland, couldn't stop talking about the booming global economy, record stock markets and President Trump's tax cuts. They toasted the good times with bottles of bourbon that cost several thousand dollars each.
But there is something unnerving about all of this: 2006 was followed by 2008, the worst financial crisis of just about everyone's lifetime. Some of the wisest minds at Davos said it feels eerily similar right now, and that's not comforting.
“The biggest concern I have is no one thinks there's a chance of a recession this year or next,” Carlyle Group co-founder David Rubenstein said. “The conventional wisdom is usually wrong.”" WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b38b1021d2b6
Old 01-30-2018, 04:00 PM

He may have a valid point

The calm on Wall Street has finally been punctured by a rare bout of selling.The Dow tumbled 363 points on Tuesday. The 1.4% drop is the index's worst since May. And the two-day loss of 2% is the worst since September 2016.
Although stocks are hovering just below all-time highs, back-to-back declines have been uncommon lately. The Dow has lost 540 points in two days.
Up until Tuesday, the S&P 500 had enjoyed a record-long streak without consecutive drops of 0.5%, according to Bespoke Investment Group.
One major concern for Wall Street: The bond market has been selling off lately. That's raising fears that the era of extremely low bond rates -- which has been very good to the stock market -- could soon be over.
Health care stocks dragged the market lower on Tuesday after Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Jamie Dimon unveiled a plan to get into the health insurance business. UnitedHealth (UNH), CVS (CVS) and Walgreens (WBA) shed between 4% and 5% apiece.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/i
nvesting/stock-market-today/index.html
Old 02-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Admin

Well Trump? When are you going to tweet about the doings down on Wall Street lately?

On second thought, maybe it'd be better if he didn't shake his bloated derriere in public. Ugh...
Old 02-05-2018, 03:15 PM

The twit will tweet it is all Hillary's fault for losing the election.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Finally, Donny can claim a “greatest” without lying. Greatest single-day point drop in the Dow’s history. MAGA! :rolleyes
Old 02-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Finally, Donny can claim a “greatest” without lying. Greatest single-day point drop in the Dow’s history. MAGA! :rolleyes
Good one!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Rational Anarchist

Wink Trump's Upcoming Tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
It's the Dems fault.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:13 PM

More fun, a Politico article
Quote:
Wall St. plunges, S&P 500 erases 2018's gains
(Reuters) - U.S. stocks plunged in highly volatile trading on Monday, with the Dow industrials falling nearly 1,600 points during the session, its biggest intraday decline in history, as investors grappled with rising bond yields and potentially firming inflation.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FP1OR