Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

A Racist's Lament

In all of his racist splendor, Pat Buchanan laments the sad future of the GOP.

http://townhall.com/columnists/patbu...ead/page/full/

Boo hoo, muthafugga.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Area Man

Nope. No racism to be found here. No assumption that Republican white folks are inherently and genetically superior in equating this shrinking demographic with the ultimate demise of the United States of America. I don't know where anyone could possibly get the idea that a conservative would think this way........................

Sounds like you old fart Republicans had better start downing the little blue pills and get busy, you're being out-immigrated and out-bred.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Nope. No racism to be found here. No assumption that Republican white folks are inherently and genetically superior in equating this shrinking demographic with the ultimate demise of the United States of America. I don't know where anyone could possibly get the idea that a conservative would think this way........................

Sounds like you old fart Republicans had better start downing the little blue pills and get busy, you're being out-immigrated and out-bred.
Where exactly is racism? He's done nothing but cite obvious trends that have been happening for years and then chastises the GOPs failure to appeal to those demographic changes. California is like living in a foreign country these days. The demographics are what they are and pointing that out isn't racist.

BTW, Blacks and whites both are being significantly out reproduced.

Last edited by bhunter; 07-29-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Area Man

It's right there...Behind the train at the end of the tunnel.

He points out that the Republican Party is, by large margin.....white. Which, it is, is it not? Then he goes on to suggest that a potential demise of the Republican Party equates to the (supposed) apocalyptic demise of the nation itself. As if the entire nation will cease to exist and all will be lost if the GOP loses strength.......And this is to be blamed, in large part, on the influx of Mexicans and rapid population growth among African-Americans.............

You don't see the underlying point at which he is alledging that Republican power = white power and that a tipping of power away from this base means......"The end of America"?

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-30-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 AM
Admin

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...esto nuevo californios mi hermanos e mi hermanas. It's been a long time since you've been to Mexico eh BH? The economic downturn has made Mexico a basket case in the north. All of the construction workers went home and the only growth industry is kidnapping for ransom and mining activities at the border, (tunnels for the narcos.) I wouldn't go there either. In California we've always had a substatial latino population going back to Pio Pico and most native anglos appreciate that aspect of our cultural heritage. It's often insular immigrants from other predominately white states who object to it. Learning to like tequila, jalapenos and the lovely senhoritas is the only viable course of action other than moving back to where it's white.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Where exactly is racism?
LMAO

I gotta think if someone does not read the racism in that article they are also steeped in it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Resident octogenarian

Before Polk and Manifest Destiny that was all part of Mexico so why the surprise?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...esto nuevo californios mi hermanos e mi hermanas. It's been a long time since you've been to Mexico eh BH? The economic downturn has made Mexico a basket case in the north. All of the construction workers went home and the only growth industry is kidnapping for ransom and mining activities at the border, (tunnels for the narcos.) I wouldn't go there either. In California we've always had a substatial latino population going back to Pio Pico and most native anglos appreciate that aspect of our cultural heritage. It's often insular immigrants from other predominately white states who object to it. Learning to like tequila, jalapenos and the lovely senhoritas is the only viable course of action other than moving back to where it's white.
I'm not too happy about all the folks from other states either. I grew up in the heart of the Central Valley. Today's California demographically is significantly different and the mere historic relation to Mexico does not explain the change IMHO.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Well it's not surprising that a blunt discussion on race by a Rep becomes racist. I see that I must be steeped in racism myself How about you bh? Enjoy being a white supremist?

GOP or not, as CA and other states come due to pay the piper something will be there to be not-Democracts, you can take that to the bank

Pete
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It's right there...Behind the train at the end of the tunnel.

He points out that the Republican Party is, by large margin.....white. Which, it is, is it not? Then he goes on to suggest that a potential demise of the Republican Party equates to the (supposed) apocalyptic demise of the nation itself. As if the entire nation will cease to exist and all will be lost if the GOP loses strength.......And this is to be blamed, in large part, on the influx of Mexicans and rapid population growth among African-Americans.............
But then why would he point out the following as a problem for the party:

Quote:
"When you look at the population growth," says GOP consultant Steve Schmidt, "the actual party is shrinking. It's becoming more white. It's becoming older."
Becoming "more white" and "aging" are both negative features of the current state of the party, thus, making the party less white is the goal if you want the party to survive. That clearly isn't a racist position.

Quote:
You don't see the underlying point at which he is alledging that Republican power = white power and that a tipping of power away from this base means......"The end of America"?
No I don't. I think he points out mistakes with immigration policy and the article is a call for the GOP to better incorporate minority views in the party. And yes, a one party system or a token second party would do much to damage America IMHO.