Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Conflating protests and riots into one and the same. Nailer didn't say protests can turn into riots. He didn't say protests do turn into riots. He said protests can and do turn into riots. A riot and a protest are separate things. Sure there have been rioters in with protests waiting for the opportunity to riot but they aren't really protesters to begin with. Maybe I'm a little touchy having been in several protests that began and ended peacefully.
On the subject of the shooting I just wonder when I see instances like that and people say deadly force is justified and then see ones like this
https://www.facebook.com/iAMSTEVEJON...743104796/?t=3
This reminds me of those evolution debates where they devolve into arguing the difference between a theory and a hypothesis.

When you start mincing words, you've lost the debate.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Conflating protests and riots into one and the same. Nailer didn't say protests can turn into riots. He didn't say protests do turn into riots. He said protests can and do turn into riots. A riot and a protest are separate things. Sure there have been rioters in with protests waiting for the opportunity to riot but they aren't really protesters to begin with. Maybe I'm a little touchy having been in several protests that began and ended peacefully.
On the subject of the shooting I just wonder when I see instances like that and people say deadly force is justified and then see ones like this
https://www.facebook.com/iAMSTEVEJON...743104796/?t=3
Actually, the way I worded it also accounts for protests that don't turn into riots. You read what I wrote as: "Protests will always turn into riots." A protest that turns into a riot are not separate since the riot would not have occurred without the protest.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Actually, the way I worded it also accounts for protests that don't turn into riots. You read what I wrote as: "Protests will always turn into riots." A protest that turns into a riot are not separate since the riot would not have occurred without the protest.
Riots may be linked to a protest but I still say they're separate. What's the aim of a protest? What's the aim of a riot. Riots are particular things. Sometimes a protest can devolve into a riot on it's own or with instigation. Sometimes a riot just breaks out on it's own like when MLK was assassinated or this.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:20 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Riots may be linked to a protest but I still say they're separate. What's the aim of a protest? What's the aim of a riot. Riots are particular things. Sometimes a protest can devolve into a riot on it's own or with instigation. Sometimes a riot just breaks out on it's own like when MLK was assassinated or this.
Talk about racism, all the white guys in those pictures and not one mention of Oakland 2003.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:12 PM

Old 06-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Ready

Like that cartoon!
Old 06-22-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Here's a video rebuttal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rZETAGFiF8
Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM

Every man is entitled to his own opinion. His opinion is "these protests ain't nuthin' but riots" which is bullshit. As soon as I saw his Space Force and MAGA hats I knew right where he was headed. I put him in the same category as Candace Owens and Diamond & Silk.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Every man is entitled to his own opinion. His opinion is "these protests ain't nuthin' but riots" which is bullshit. As soon as I saw his Space Force and MAGA hats I knew right where he was headed. I put him in the same category as Candace Owens and Diamond & Silk.
You're saying Black Lives Matter (except for the ones that like the status quo).

How bizarre.

The CHOP village in Seattle is about to get smashed.

Do you really think this puts us closer to a more egalitarian society ? Some kind of Marxian transitionary period ?

IMHO, it puts us closer to a Totalitarian clamp down, not that Trump's going to do anything crazy. The next president will 'inherent' a mess.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
You're saying Black Lives Matter (except for the ones that like the status quo).

How bizarre.

The CHOP village in Seattle is about to get smashed.

Do you really think this puts us closer to a more egalitarian society ? Some kind of Marxian transitionary period ?

IMHO, it puts us closer to a Totalitarian clamp down, not that Trump's going to do anything crazy. The next president will 'inherent' a mess.
The underlined, I don't understand how you come to that from what I said. Next, what does the CHOP village have to do with my reply? As for the rest, nothing so grandiose. The BLM movement is a response to police brutality. That this brutality seemed to grow from the belief that, to the officers involved, black lives did not matter. The desire is that Blacks be treated no differently than others in interactions with law enforcement.