Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:54 AM

My post was also influenced by this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Those fascists in power would declare anyone who opposed them to be enemies of the republic. I think what has them stymied is the across all races support for the BLM movement and support for ending police brutality.
Current destabilization of society in the USA? I see it as the destabilization of the status quo.
I'm just questioning your pro-protest stance. I'm certainly not in favor of law enforcement using unnecessary force, or killing people during an arrest.

I've been cuffed and stuffed about five times, twice it was because the small town cops were bored, and they wanted to roll a drunk for their own gratification.

If I would have fought back, they would have used whatever force they deemed necessary. It's more about ego and power tripping, at least in my case. Don't think white privilege had much to do with it. I'm white, every cop that that ever cuffed me was white.

I've never felt the need to protest against police brutality / authority. My trouble with the law went away when I quit drinking.

Unaffordable medical care...that's what I'll protest against.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
My post was also influenced by this...

I'm just questioning your pro-protest stance. I'm certainly not in favor of law enforcement using unnecessary force, or killing people during an arrest.

I've been cuffed and stuffed about five times, twice it was because the small town cops were bored, and they wanted to roll a drunk for their own gratification.

If I would have fought back, they would have used whatever force they deemed necessary. It's more about ego and power tripping, at least in my case. Don't think white privilege had much to do with it. I'm white, every cop that that ever cuffed me was white.

I've never felt the need to protest against police brutality / authority. My trouble with the law went away when I quit drinking.

You share my son's attitude. And mine, though I've only been arrested and cuffed once, and it was very pleasant other than I didn't like being cuffed. That was in 1977 for having some marijuana on me.

Normally, this sort of thing is a problem of the young. As we mature we naturally reduce the need for this sort of contact with police. And yeah. It's not about race. It's about actions.

With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Maybe depends on whether there is trust for fair lawful treatment, or not.
Maybe there is a lack of trust because of a trend of unfair treatment. Would you evade and resist arrest if being abused in custody was a certainty regardless of cooperation?

Last edited by Pio1980; 06-23-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Maybe depends on whether there is trust for fair lawful treatment, or not.
Maybe there is a lack of trust because of a trend of unfair treatment. Would you evade and resist arrest if being abused in custody was a certainty regardless of cooperation?
Basically that's what happened in the Freddy Gray case. What was he guilty of? He ran. He saw a cop that hassled him before, figured he'd do it again and he ran. Only he got caught searched and arrested for possession of a pocket knife. He did not resist but the boys in blue decided to "punish" him anyway. From a witness on the scene "One officer has a knee on Gray's neck, another was bending his legs backward in a "leg lace" move" which they held until the wagon arrived. An investigation revealed a history of such behavior that resulted in a consent decree.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

If I would have fought back, they would have used whatever force they deemed necessary.

I'm all for protest, it's the American way. I have no use for rioting and looting.

Agreeing that fighting arrest is just not a smart thing to do but using unnecessary force is the problem. In the case of George Floyd he was under control and subdued yet the officer's knee was kept on his neck even after he lost consciousness. In the case of Freddy Gray he was bound up with his arms and legs behind his back with an officers knee on his neck and (from the police report) he didn't resist at all.

Your trouble with the law went away when you quit drinking. How does one quit their skin color?

We screwed up in this country when medical care became a for profit deal.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm all for protest, it's the American way. I have no use for rioting and looting.

Agreeing that fighting arrest is just not a smart thing to do but using unnecessary force is the problem. In the case of George Floyd he was under control and subdued yet the officer's knee was kept on his neck even after he lost consciousness. In the case of Freddy Gray he was bound up with his arms and legs behind his back with an officers knee on his neck and (from the police report) he didn't resist at all.

Your trouble with the law went away when you quit drinking. How does one quit their skin color?

How do you know the way they treated George was because of his race and not because of his actions?
Old 06-23-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
QFT. I'm forever sticking with not-for-profit Kaiser, which is, I believe, the only institution to consistently get Medicare's highest rating, year after year.

Unlike some mentally deficient folks, I won't be relying on prayer, lol.

The idea that medical providers and insurance companies should sell common stock is appalling to me. All should be nonprofit.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:48 PM

The cops know about the 'priors' before they go in to make an arrest.

In some cases, it's a personal grudge, pay back. Race can be factor in this, too.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Pretty sure medical care has always been a for profit deal in these United States.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Pretty sure medical care has always been a for profit deal in these United States.
Yep. Sometimes arguing with leftists can be very enlightening - but not in the way they think.