Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I remember the Dem's outrage when Don Imus skewered Clinton at the '96 dinner. Imus was pretty mild compared to Wolf. How times, and standards of decorum, have changed.

Hey Finn, the above gives you a great opening to blame it all on Trump.
I never blamed it on Trump. I was just noting the irony of Trump apologists and sycophants such as you getting their knickers in a twist about distasteful insults in light of the fact that your Dear Leader has distastefully insulted 446 people, places and things since becoming President on Twitter alone. You can't have it both ways. When Trump slings a vile insult, your ilk praises him for "telling it like it is," but when the insults are incoming, it crosses the line of common decency (something Trump does every single day).
Old 04-30-2018, 10:13 AM

Quotes from an article in today's WaPo where the Dotard is criticizing Ms. Wolf's performance.
Quote:
Charlotte Clymer of the Human Rights Campaign put it this way on Twitter: “An organization dedicated to exercising the First Amendment holds an annual event that was created to celebrate the First Amendment and releases a statement admonishing a performer for criticizing the White House over their attacks on the First Amendment.”

“This statement is as cringeworthy as any joke ever told at a #WHCD,” MSNBC correspondent Jacob Soboroff said on Twitter. “The First Amendment is cool to celebrate and embrace, except when it’s not, I guess.”
Quote:
Bess Kalb

@bessbell

Lies turning into ash turning into a smokey eye is a joke about lies. Calling her Aunt Lydia is a joke about standing for the oppression of women under the guise of folksy warmth. These aren’t jokes about her physical appearance. They’re intense criticisms of her character.
10:07 AM - Apr 29, 2018
Quote:
Linda Holmes

@lindaholmes

This is why I think they shouldn't even have it. Inviting someone to speak freely and then kneecapping her like this is the worst possible outcome. https://twitter.com/whca/status/990773612226412545
7:25 PM - Apr 29, 2018
Trump scolds ‘filthy’ comedian. Head of correspondents group regrets monologue.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was a failure last year, but this year was an embarrassment to everyone associated with it. The filthy “comedian” totally bombed (couldn’t even deliver her lines-much like the Seth Meyers weak performance). Put Dinner to rest, or start over!
7:38 PM - Apr 29, 2018
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.86b5e2880bc6
Old 04-30-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You can't have it both ways. When Trump slings a vile insult, your ilk praises him for "telling it like it is," but when the insults are incoming, it crosses the line of common decency (something Trump does every single day).
The irony here is that Whell and his fellow idiots still think of themselves in “moral majority”-like terms, while faithfully following this amoral “Leader”, without any criticism whatsoever. They have become a mindless, unthinking cult, pure and simple.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I never blamed it on Trump. I was just noting the irony of Trump apologists and sycophants such as you getting their knickers in a twist about distasteful insults in light of the fact that your Dear Leader has distastefully insulted 446 people, places and things since becoming President on Twitter alone. You can't have it both ways. When Trump slings a vile insult, your ilk praises him for "telling it like it is," but when the insults are incoming, it crosses the line of common decency (something Trump does every single day).
If this kind of crap never happened before, and then all of a sudden started when Trump came into office, then I'd say you might....MIGHT....have a point. However, your point fails on two counts:

- The left / Dems / MSM folks targeting Repubs/conservatives is noting new. Going back to Imus, who was a Clinton supporter, you can here it in his Correspondent's dinner speech if you care to go listen to it. It was also at that same dinner - or maybe it was the next year - that Clinton called Limbaugh a racist. But even before Imus there was nothing new about it. So, please spare me your complaints and selective indignation.

- So, Ms Wolf goes on stage and sinks further into the mud than Trump ever has. Imus was a bit crass but at least he wasn't vulgar. So, if you and your friends on the left want to complain about Trump "crossing the line of decency, well, here was a chance for you folks to be the change you want to see, and you blew it. Don't tell me that the folks who planned Saturday's event didn't know what they were going to get when they hired Ms Wolf. They knew exactly what they were going to get, and they got it. And look at the folks here in this thread who are happy about it.

Sorry, can't have it both ways.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The irony here is that Whell and his fellow idiots still think of themselves in “moral majority”-like terms, while faithfully following this amoral “Leader”, without any criticism whatsoever. They have become a mindless, unthinking cult, pure and simple.
The irony here is that you actually think you know what you're talking about.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:37 PM

It's pretty obvious who has lowered the standard of discourse in the modern era.
Having said that, I wouldn't have followed that model in criticism of this admin. There is plenty of self-inflicted source material provided by the demagogue in chief hisself and his enablers.

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-30-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The irony here is that you actually think you know what you're talking about.
This from a moron who thinks Limblow ISN’T a racist.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

[QUOTE=whell;370621]- So, Ms Wolf goes on stage and sinks further into the mud than Trump ever has.../QUOTE]

She's a rather obscure comedienne. Your Dear Dotard is president. Moreover, the only conservatives who have the moral standing to criticize Wolf are those who have criticized Trump for each vile insult he has made. That leaves you out.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=finnbow;370626]
Quote:
- So, Ms Wolf goes on stage and sinks further into the mud than Trump ever has.../QUOTE]

She's a rather obscure comedienne. Your Dear Dotard is president. Moreover, the only conservatives who have the moral standing to criticize Wolf are those who have criticized Trump for each vile insult he has made. That leaves you out.
Which, as I pointed out earlier, makes the fact that the folks putting on the Correspondents Dinner hired her. They knew exactly what they were getting when they hired her.

As for leaving me out, I've posted those criticisms here. You really need to have your selective memory checked out...which may be a sanitized way to suggest that you need to get your head examined.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

[QUOTE=whell;370628]
Quote:

Which, as I pointed out earlier, makes the fact that the folks putting on the Correspondents Dinner hired her. They knew exactly what they were getting when they hired her.

As for leaving me out, I've posted those criticisms here. You really need to have your selective memory checked out...which may be a sanitized way to suggest that you need to get your head examined.
I'm still not sure why you think lewd insults of Trump and his enablers are off-limits, given that he does the very same thing several times a day. Phuck him and the horse he rode in on.