Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Area Man

Workin' harder at home...................

.......than I do at work.

I'm off tonight and tomorrow, so I am trying to get all of my automotive junk done. New tires for the Challenger and a new timing chain, water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, hoses, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil for the Dakota. Just finished the Dakota an hour ago. (Being a mechanic with a garage full of tools is AWESOME! Saves me thousands.) Went for a spin and she's running like a prune juice fart. Smooth and fast, but not nearly as messy.

The tires will get done tomorrow, as I.............

........work on the roof. We had a heavy down pour on Saturday that revealed two roof leaks. One around the fart sucker in the bathroom and one in the listening room. I wish Bob was here to give me some pointers.

Dave
Old 05-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

I'm off tonight and tomorrow, so I am trying to get all of my automotive junk done. New tires for the Challenger and a new timing chain, water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, hoses, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil for the Dakota. Just finished the Dakota an hour ago. (Being a mechanic with a garage full of tools is AWESOME! Saves me thousands.) Went for a spin and she's running like a prune juice fart. Smooth and fast, but not nearly as messy.

........work on the roof. We had a heavy down pour on Saturday that revealed two roof leaks. One around the fart sucker in the bathroom and one in the listening room. I wish Bob was here to give me some pointers.

Dave

I don't know Looks like you did a lot of gaskets and hose clamp. Could have a little tinkle on the floor in the morning.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Area Man

But, I've been doing this stuff, both professionally and for my own purposes for 32 years. I've worked on cars, trucks, fighter jets and all sorts of manufacturing machinery. I'm kinda good at it...............

Dave
Old 05-19-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Dave
I hear ya. Sucks having to fuck with a roof. Our first house my wife and I bought had no plumbing of any sort, so no fart sucker or roof vents either. Just plain old A-frame roof with notched and pegged frame work rather than nails. But the roof was so simple the tin didn't leak. No blobs of tar to dry out and crack like the modern day roofs that go every whicher way but straight and simple. We've had our second home for less than 15 years, and bought it new.. and I'm fixing to do away with that retarded second A-frame thats sitting sideways on the roof over our front doorway and do away with both fart suckers too and install metal in place of the shingles. Who cares if rain runs down the roof in front of the doorway... it's a much simpler roof that will out last my kids..

Last edited by hillbilly; 05-19-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Area Man

You got that right. I once wasted a week of my life trying to figure out a chimney leak. Every time it rained, water would run down the face of my fire place. Turns out, the leak was nowhere near the fireplace. It was getting in at the attic vent, nearly 10 feet up the roof and 15 feet to the right if the fireplace, and running underneath the shingles.

Replaced the attic vent and sealed it up good. No more water in the fireplace.............

Dave
Old 05-19-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
But, I've been doing this stuff, both professionally and for my own purposes for 32 years. I've worked on cars, trucks, fighter jets and all sorts of manufacturing machinery. I'm kinda good at it...............

Dave
About how I am, except for carpenter work. When it comes to wood everything I do is done polebarn style else I don't do it at all. Never cared to become a carpenter.. but love the oily/grimey/greasy stuff that keeps the world moving.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Dave
I know you are Dave.

I also do all that work building my own cars. It's just there might be a leak especially with hoses. They will need another snug down after they got hot and cooled down.

Hey do you want some more project cars? Classic!!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:19 AM

Quote:
You got that right. I once wasted a week of my life trying to figure out a chimney leak. Every time it rained, water would run down the face of my fire place. Turns out, the leak was nowhere near the fireplace. It was getting in at the attic vent, nearly 10 feet up the roof and 15 feet to the right if the fireplace, and running underneath the shingles.

Replaced the attic vent and sealed it up good. No more water in the fireplace.............

Dave

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

I too had a similar leak on my covered porch's roof. Seems my youngest liked going out his bedroom window onto the roof at night to smoke. Unbeknownst to me! Must of stepped or tripped over the vent one to many times in the dark. Luckily he never fell off the roof or did more damage. Because I'm sure adult beverages were also somehow involved!

Barney
Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 AM

It never ends it just acumalates.My problem is getting tools back were they belong.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I know you are Dave.

I also do all that work building my own cars. It's just there might be a leak especially with hoses. They will need another snug down after they got hot and cooled down.

Hey do you want some more project cars? Classic!!
Used spring clips. They retighten themselves.

Dave