Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Can you give us some examples of 'Fake News' put out by WaPo.
As for quotes from unamed sources, isn't that typical of most legitimate news organizations?
He can't, of course.

Meanwhile, CNN has confirmed, from senators on both sides of the aisle, that the bumbler-in-chief put pressure on Intel chiefs to publicly refute his innocence. Improper, at best. Obstruction? Dunno. More likely just utter incompetence; Trump trying to run the country like the tiny little man he is. Sad!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politi...ion/index.html
Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
As for quotes from unamed sources, isn't that typical of most legitimate news organizations?
Deepthroat was an anonymous source and that didn't work out too well for Nixon.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're apparently not bright enough to understand what's going on here. Rosenstein's innocuous statement is not stating anything that everyone doesn't know already. The question is why he did so. The apparent (and obvious) reasoning goes as follows:
  1. Trump's minions (Gingrich, Ruddy) say that Trump is considering firing Mueller out of frustration with the "witch hunt" in an effort to pressure Mueller to tow the line.
  2. Leaks come out from allies of Mueller's (and/or people who distrust Trump) saying that Trump is indeed under investigation for obstruction of justice (thereby further inoculating Mueller from Trump (firing him would make Trump's problems worse as Trump is now a target of the investigation)).
  3. Trump reacts to the news of the broadening investigation that by insisting that Rosenstein publicly deny that Trump is under investigation (just as he did with Comey).
  4. Rather than complying with Trump's request to (dishonestly) deny the investigation, Rosenstein releases his innocuous statement rather than completely defying Trump (which clearly doesn't go as far as Trump wanted him to go).
  5. Trump fires off a tweet critical of Rosenstein this morning after seeing that Rosenstein's statement did not exonerate him ("I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!") .
Too bad you're not clever enough to see through Trump's clumsy efforts to undermine/discredit the investigation. Your Dear Leader is in a hole and he keeps digging. It's highly entertaining to watch for those smart enough to understand what it all means. FWIW, all Trump did after all of this attempted subterfuge is confirm that he is under investigation. Dumb ass.

Meanwhile, "The Trump Show" is really starting to get interesting. It's kinda like watching "The Sopranos."
Just saw this, and sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Before calling other questioning other folks intelligence, you might actually want to have a look at the details.

Rosenstein made these comments following this WaPo fake news story which suggested that the FBI was "investigating Jared Kushner’s business dealings". That story was sourced as follows:

"...according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter."

The officials who described the financial focus of the investigation spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

The USA Today article states that the while the Deputy AG didn't single out any particular news story - and he was speaking about a news story and not about Trump or anything Trump may or may not have said:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told Americans Thursday to be "skeptical" about stories with anonymous sources.

"Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated," Rosenstein said in a statement that was being circulated on social media.

Rosenstein added that the Department of Justice "has a long-established policy" not to confirm these kinds of allegations.

So, USA Today's conclusion - and I concur - is that Rosenstein was specifically speaking about a news story - most likely the WaPo story - and cautioning that folks should be careful about what they read.

I can understand why you - with your entrenched and possibly incurable case of Trumpitis - might attribute Rosenstein's comments to something about Trump. Hell, if a star on the other side of the galaxy went supernova, you'd probably suspect Trump had a hand in it. Hate to tell ya, but usually the simplest and most obvious explanation is the right one.

Last edited by whell; 06-22-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
If the Deputy AG calls BS on this story, I think its safe to classify it as fake news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.dd200ee1f341
Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Yeah, all that fake news from anonymous sources sure didn't work for Nixon, after all! Keep on wishing, whell!
Clueless comment.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Oh, BTW, whell. I before E, except after C. I believe that applies here, lol.
Oh, you mean like in "Rosenstein".

Glad you've finally decided to make constructive contributions to the forum in some form. Your posts are typically worthless, so checking for spelling and grammar might be your best alternative.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
If the Deputy AG calls BS on this story, I think its safe to classify it as fake news.

Show me exactly where he called this specific story BS.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Glad you've finally decided to make constructive contributions to the forum in some form. Your posts are typically worthless, so checking for spelling and grammar might be your best alternative.
I've always found that obviously uneducated folks like yourself, with poor grammar and spelling, are usually unable to form meaningful opinions. You are clearly a case in point. I mean, a Trump supporter! Just how stupid can you be?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:

I will consider a report where the AG is calling the Kushner investigation as bogus, something of course Trump would claim. But nary a word on Kusher investigation or for that matter about Kushner leading the charge within the Trump administration; is he still around?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:10 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politi...ion/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rts/102904432/

http://www.newsweek.com/kushners-fin...-report-626483

Screw it, this is too much work. Here is the Google search link and there is a shitload of main stream purveyors of this fake news.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kush...utf-8&oe=utf-8