Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Meanwhile, the White House just decided to prohibit cameras in the briefing room for today's White House press briefing on the very day that the Senate releases its Trumpcare bill and Trump denies having recorded Comey. Gutless weenies, though I'm sure Whell will have some sort of excuse for this behavior.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:53 PM

Now this is not Fake News.

Quote:
“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking, and illegal leaking of information,” Mr. Trump said in a pair of tweets shortly before 1 p.m., “I have no idea …. whether there are ‘tapes’ of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, such recordings.”
So no Comey recordings of his conversations with the LIC and this is directly from the LIC on Twitter. Of course the good thing is that Tweets can be deleted.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Meanwhile, the White House just decided to prohibit cameras in the briefing room for today's White House press briefing on the very day that the Senate releases its Trumpcare bill and Trump denies having recorded Comey. Gutless weenies, though I'm sure Whell will have some sort of excuse for this behavior.
The Donald's probably having a bad hair day.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The Donald's probably having a bad hair day.
Every day is a bad hair day for our Dear Leader.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Show me exactly where he called this specific story BS.
His words: "Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated," Rosenstein said in a statement that was being circulated on social media."

When you apply this guidance to the sourcing used in the WaPo story, the WaPo story should not be "accepted as true". The story is, therefore, and in summary, BS.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I will consider a report where the AG is calling the Kushner investigation as bogus, something of course Trump would claim. But nary a word on Kusher investigation or for that matter about Kushner leading the charge within the Trump administration; is he still around?
No, the called the reporting methodology "bogus". He did not confirm or deny what was being investigated.

Kushner is currently meeting with leaders in the Middle East. I kinda hope someone from Russia shows up while he's over there. It would send the media into hysterics.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Sounds like much ado about nothing. The press isn't being barred from the briefing, just cameras. So what? In fact, the broadcast media could actually benefit from this. They could cherry pick the audio they wanted to replay, and couple it with some extremely unflattering picture of Spicer. You know: making it look like the press made Spicer cry or something.

Last edited by whell; 06-22-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
I've always found that obviously uneducated folks like yourself, with poor grammar and spelling, are usually unable to form meaningful opinions. You are clearly a case in point. I mean, a Trump supporter! Just how stupid can you be?
Hate to break this to you, but your grammar in sentence one above is not correct. "yourself" is not correctly used. "yourself" is a reflexive pronoun, but it is not being used reflexively in the above sentence.

Damn, I guess that means that you're not able to form meaningful opinions. Sucks to be you.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Hate to break this to you, but your grammar in sentence one above is not correct. "yourself" is not correctly used. "yourself" is a reflexive pronoun, but it is not being used reflexively in the above sentence.

Damn, I guess that means that you're not able to form meaningful opinions. Sucks to be you.
Wrong as usual. Either way is correct. Keep trying, dumbass!

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...-like-yourself
Old 06-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
His words: "Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country — let alone the branch or agency of government — with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated," Rosenstein said in a statement that was being circulated on social media."

When you apply this guidance to the sourcing used in the WaPo story, the WaPo story should not be "accepted as true". The story is, therefore, and in summary, BS.
That's quite a stretch. Rosenstein's statement was a global statement about anonymously-sourced stories, not a statement aimed at any specific WashPost story. BTW, Trump fired Flynn based upon a anonymously-sourced story by David Ignatius (not to mention Nixon resigning based upon anonymously-sourced Post stories).

Trump knows how reliable the Post's political reporting is. The Post seems to have better sources in the Trump administration than Trump does (not that he reads anything or listens to anyone). In fact, back when Trump listed the sources of what he called "fake news," he conspicuously left the Post off his list. There's a reason the Post has nearly 50 Pulitzer Prizes for Journalism. The Post is the polar opposite of fake news.

I would believe any anonymously-sourced WashPost story before I'd believe anything said by your Dear Leader, a guy who has averaged more than 4 lies a day since he became President (and is a fan of InfoWars, NewsMax, Breitbart and the National Enquirer - all purveyors of fake news). Not one single Post story has been successfully refuted by Trump or his minions in the same time frame. Score 669-0 in favor of the Post.

It's an absolute slam dunk in terms of their relative credibility. As soon as you understand that, the better off you will be. Until then, you look like a gullible idiot and a shill.

Last edited by finnbow; 06-22-2017 at 03:51 PM.