Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Funny thing is I don't mind a tiny portion of my taxes going toward keeping healthcare available to those less fortunate than I. Must be a Democratic thang.
It's a Christian thang.........
Old 03-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Funny thing is I don't mind a tiny portion of my taxes going toward keeping healthcare available to those less fortunate than I. Must be a Democratic thang.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Old 03-27-2017, 08:03 PM

35. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’
Old 03-27-2017, 08:04 PM

Feelin' churchy tonight......

Thought maybe them conservatives should see something they've purposely ignored in church.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Admin

Preach, brother.

Amongst other things, pops was an ordained Methodist minister in South Central L.A.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Great. Then go advocate for a law that achieves that goal. The ACA was not that. It was/is arguably a step or two in the other direction.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Great. Then go advocate for a law that achieves that goal. The ACA was not that. It was/is arguably a step or two in the other direction.
Only in cloud cuckoo land does a historic rate of people being insured (90%) mean that less people are getting healthcare in this country.

Turn off 'Faux News' and get a grip, bro.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:30 AM

In that lands reality when their employer supplied or offered coverage gets worse. Who do they blame? Not the company responsible but the government?? When the insurance or doctors raise prices again blame the government!

I see no greed on the governments side of the scales. But plenty on the other.

Barney
Old 03-28-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Only in cloud cuckoo land does a historic rate of people being insured (90%) mean that less people are getting healthcare in this country.

Turn off 'Faux News' and get a grip, bro.
Don't have cable here, so I don't get "Faux News". I do follow developments in health care reform as part of my job, while the spike in the rate of assured is a nice - TEMPORARY - benefit of the ACA, it isn't sustainable.

Set aside your Dem party talking points and try to look critically and objectively at reality.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

- John Kenneth Galbraith
Galbraith also described the government health care reform perfectly when he said:

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.

He also must have been thinking of you when he said:

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.