Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Fine and dandy. How would you grade some of your F-bomb posts that I've received? Cultured and civil?
Oh, spare us. You know you LIVE for the occasions you can provoke someone into intemperate reaction. You always regard them as your great triumphs. Which, of course, is truly sad.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Nah, I'll leave that to wonderful, lefty groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, who would probably label that Ladies Altar Society at the local church a hate group.
Nah, just anyone willing to bow to your Dear Leader. Deservedly, might I add.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'll ask again, since apparently you didn't understand it the first time. Show me specifically where the restaurant owner said that she acted out of religious conviction. And this time, try to do it without putting words in her mouth.
Religion/biblically-based morals. Same diff.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Petty acts of small minded people are now considered "civilized"...

Fine and dandy. How would you grade some of your F-bomb posts that I've received? Cultured and civil?
Have you being paying any attention to your Dear Leader's behavior? Trump cultists like you have no standing to comment upon civility or morality. The restaurant owner was unwilling to help SHS unwind after a hard week of lying to the public about mass child abuse and you want to criticize her for it?

Last edited by finnbow; 06-25-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:19 PM
Admin

The Red Hen Affair: by M. Hiltzik LA Times

"Here we go again: As Trump administration policies become ever more intemperate and inhumane, critics of those policies are being counseled to become more “civil” in their criticisms.
This is an old pattern and a discreditable (and discredited) one. The idea seems to be that if the critics would just air their views politely and tactfully, their targets would suddenly awaken to the error of their ways. All Americans would then march hand-in-hand toward a nirvana of permanent comity.
The truth is that, as urged upon critics by their targets, pleas for “civility” are a fraud. As aired by members of the critical camp themselves, the pleas are a trap. More often than not, the result is to blunt the impact of the critique and enfeeble the opposition. That is, of course, what the targets hope for.
As we observed a few years ago during a free-speech controversy on the UC Berkeley campus, the targets of free speech always try to counteract it by the use of weasel words. Calling for "constructive criticism" is weaseling. So is "You can express your views as long as they're respectful." In those examples, "constructive" and "respectful" are modifiers concealing that the speaker really doesn't wish to be challenged at all." LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...625-story.html

Ol' Mike Hiltzik from my hometown paper has the long and the short of it. In effect, we're being provoked and then gaslighted by these crooks and liars in the White House, aided and abetted by their willing sycophants in congress. Interesting times we're living in, that's for sure.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
With that 'fine and dandy' response you have now publicly admitted to be a loyal and faithful follower of The Pussy Grabber, aka Trump. Good show.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:09 AM

Whell's friends being "cultured and civil" to a reporter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jim-a...ke-news-2018-6
Old 06-26-2018, 06:10 AM

One would think the with a constant barrage of daily advances towards a dictatorship in this country. The Left and the Democrats will have little trouble getting out the vote this fall. Even so the nagging fear is still there just under the surface. More is needed to contradict their message. For the Right seems to be driving the narrative.
The Left is always doing catch up.
So by playing the game more like the Right may be in their in their best interests. By getting raw meat issues to energize the base is something worth trying. Lower the message to be less cerebral, dumb it down. Quit figuring the electorate is smart enough to have figured it out already.
So more plays like the one from Maxine Waters thou less then ideal may be just what is needed.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:53 AM

I dunno, Oerets.... I do not like the idea of stooping to Trumps level.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I dunno, Oerets.... I do not like the idea of stooping to Trumps level.

I believe after dealing with family and friends that playing nice only appears weak to them. Speaking up and fighting back showing strength upsets their game. The Left needs to take back the narrative, ID themselves. Quit letting the Right do the ID'ing.