Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
by Dana Milbank Columnist July 16 at 7:19 PM Email the author

My fellow Americans, we are a deeply stupid nation.

I know this must be the case because President Trump has repeatedly informed us that we are a “stupid country” — he offered this opinion on at least nine occasions since he launched his campaign for the presidency — and he should know. As he reminded us after his NATO meeting last week, he is a “very stable genius.”

It is furthermore the president’s highly intelligent opinion we have been led by “stupid people” and “our laws are so corrupt and stupid.” We have been stupid about trade. We have been stupid in dealing with Iraq, Iran, China, Mexico, Canada, Europe and Muslims. We have the “dumbest” immigration laws. Among the many stupid things Trump has identified: White House staffers, the FBI, the National Football League, Democrats, the filibuster and journalists.

“We’re so stupid!” Trump said to a group of donors recently. They laughed.

“You feel like sort of stupid, don’t you?” Trump asked a rally of supporters recently. “Don’t you feel stupid?”

Stoo-pid! Stoo-pid!

But we are at our most imbecilic when dealing with Russia. “Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity,” he tweeted before meeting Monday in Helsinki with Russia’s Vladimir Putin.

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs retweeted Trump’s assessment of his own country’s stupidity, tacking on the words “We agree.”

In his news conference a few hours later with Putin, Trump again raised the flag of American feeblemindedness. “The United States has been foolish,” he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.264a22a867a9
Old 07-16-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
by David Ignatius Opinion writer July 16 at 5:16 PM Email the author

President Trump was doing pretty well in Helsinki, really, laying out a modest but achievable agenda for improving U.S.-Russia relations. And then came the final question about whether Trump believed his own intelligence chiefs or Russian President Vladimir Putin — and in his weird, waffling answer, you could almost hear the fabric of his presidency rip at the seam.

Jonathan Lemire of the Associated Press was the reporter who asked Trump bluntly: “Who do you believe” about Russian election interference — Putin or U.S. intelligence? Trump initially spun some conspiratorial nonsense about missing Democratic computer servers and Hillary Clinton emails. And then this unforgettable statement:

“My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be. . . . I have confidence in both parties.”

“It was unbelievable,” said a stunned Will Hurd, a Republican congressman from Texas and former CIA officer. “I would never have thought I’d see an American president being played by a foreign adversary in that way.”
Question is what are you guys going to do about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e8239976430e
Old 07-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Old 07-17-2018, 04:35 PM

GoFundMe page to create Trump Baby balloons in the US has already more than tripled its goal. Lots of Trump Babies will soon be flying near Trump properties. Excellent.

https://www.gofundme.com/fund-to-bri...ump-to-america
Old 07-18-2018, 01:53 AM
Mutated Member

James Comey is touring with his book across Amercia - which means that the democracy in the Untited States is still alive - Russia would have put him behind bars instantly.

I know of course that Trump is not America. But millions and millions all over the world started to hate America from the bottom of their heart in the last some 18 months just because they can't discriminate.

One day Trump will be history, until then we have to try to keep patient. Meanwhile the EU and Japan will increase their prospering bilateral economy. Without Trump. Without America. The world does not need this country. Not really.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-18-2018 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

@realDonaldTrump

The meeting between President Putin and myself was a great success, except in the Fake News Media!

@realDonaldTrump

So many people at the higher ends of intelligence loved my press conference performance in Helsinki. Putin and I discussed many important subjects at our earlier meeting. We got along well which truly bothered many haters who wanted to see a boxing match. Big results will come!

@realDonaldTrump

While the NATO meeting in Brussels was an acknowledged triumph, with billions of dollars more being put up by member countries at a faster pace, the meeting with Russia may prove to be, in the long run, an even greater success. Many positive things will come out of that meeting.

Such a stable genius!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 AM

Kushner Has Been Dodging A DNC Lawsuit Service Notice For Months

Slimeball. So typical of Team Trump.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ice-for-months
Old 07-18-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
James Comey is touring with his book across Amercia - which means that the democracy in the Untited States is still alive - Russia would have put him behind bars instantly.
America used to put folks like Comey behind bars, since disclosure of classified documents is a crime....at least it used to be. Comey taught us that no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute that crime.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
America used to put folks like Comey behind bars, since disclosure of classified documents is a crime....at least it used to be. Comey taught us that no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute that crime.
Except for the fact that that there is no evidence he disclosed classified documents. Allow me to clue you in on a little secret - just because Trump says something doesn't make it true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ts-classified/

Last edited by finnbow; 07-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:56 AM

Sociopath behavior characteristics: antisocial behavior, deceitfulness, hostility, irresponsibility, manipulativeness, risk taking behaviors, aggression, impulsivity, irritability, or lack of restraint

Best to just ignore Whell. He lives to deceive, provoke and manipulate. Responding to him rewards his deviant behavior.