Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Well the GOP shut down Ron Paul's delegates. That's the end of an era.

Now that the GOP has stuck a sock in the mouth of the last warm blooded thinker in the party the reptiles can get back to their business of fleecing taxpayers.

Those hard-headed slimy bastards are going to start a civil war. I swear to God.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Very impressive speeches by all, especially Ann Romney. It was so nice to enjoy a night of politics without any mud slinging. Even Gov. Christie kept a civil tongue. It's a good day to be a Republican in America today, I feel proud of the party.
I suppose you had a pitcher of Kool-Aid handy to get you through the festivities. My "take-away" from the two speeches was that Ann loves Mitt and that Christie loves himself.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM

Here is an e-mail update from the Ron Paul team:

Quote:
Dear Ed,

I’ve been doing conventions long enough to realize that when you don’t have the numbers, things will not go your way.

Today, we didn’t have the numbers. That is not in question.

Four years ago, the Republican Party simply handled our R3VOLUTION by slamming the door in our faces with hardly any consequences.

Today, the GOP establishment can no longer afford to employ these tactics.

Instead, they’ve adopted new ones.

Properly elected Ron Paul delegates were stripped from us. And when a motion was made to amend the Credentials Committee Report, it was ignored.

Morton Blackwell, a longtime conservative activist and RNC Rules Committee expert, found himself indefinitely detained – along with the rest of the Virginia delegation.

The RNC’s bus driver responsible for transporting delegates somehow “got lost” for well over an hour until a critical Rules Committee meeting adjourned.

Blackwell and the Virginia delegation were heading up the efforts to defeat new RNC rules proposed by Washington, D.C.-based insider attorneys.

These rules are designed to turn the Republican Party into a top-down organization and strip power away from state parties and grassroots activists of every stripe.

All efforts to vote down these onerous rules were ignored despite a clear split in the voice vote.

Sadly, these rules will now govern the party.

While it is almost certain we did not have the votes on the floor to win either of these battles, a fair and open debate and recognition of our motions would have been a better way for these problems to have been handled.

It didn’t have to be this way. And quite frankly, it’s a shame.

It’s a shame for Ron Paul supporters. It’s a shame for conservative activists of all stripes, and it’s a shame for the Republican Party.

However, you and I have much to be proud of.

Many of the amendments our campaign fought for were included in the new GOP platform. Four years ago, many politicians in both parties scoffed at our efforts to audit the Federal Reserve.

Now it’s in the Republican Platform – along with internet freedom, war only under a Congressional declaration, support for a gold commission, and fighting back against domestic drones.

We also forced the establishment to cave in and seat more of our delegates than they wanted to.

Instead of being shut out of the convention, Ron Paul was able to walk the floor and talk to his delegates Tuesday afternoon.

Coalitions that have been built over the past several weeks on these battles will last long into the future.

Our liberty movement is growing. It’s growing fast.

And the underhanded actions we’ve seen over the past week are sure to drive more folks into our camp.

I’m proud of our liberty movement. I’m proud of all we’ve accomplished. I’m proud of you.

I strongly believe you and I are the future.

Winning won’t be easy. Our opponents are determined to maintain their iron grip on power.

But their days are numbered – if I can count on you to keep up the fight.

The Ron Paul R3VOLUTION is not coming to end.

Our R3VOLUTION will not end until limited government, free markets, sound money, and respect for individual liberty, constitutional principles, and a pro-America foreign policy are finally restored in America.

And you will play a vital role in making this a reality.

For Liberty,

John Tate
Campaign Manager

P.S. The establishment is going to use every trick in the book to hold onto their power.

But they know you and I are the future of the Republican Party. Their days in power are numbered - if I can count on you to stay involved.

Our R3VOLUTION did not end today. It’s only beginning.
Disgusting conduct by the RNC.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Very impressive speeches by all, especially Ann Romney. It was so nice to enjoy a night of politics without any mud slinging. Even Gov. Christie kept a civil tongue. It's a good day to be a Republican in America today, I feel proud of the party.
Did she do some more crowing about how women LOVE to be treated like property?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Here is an e-mail update from the Ron Paul team:

Dear Ed,

I’ve been doing conventions long enough to realize that when you don’t have the numbers, things will not go your way.

Today, we didn’t have the numbers. That is not in question.

Four years ago, the Republican Party simply handled our R3VOLUTION by slamming the door in our faces with hardly any consequences.

Today, the GOP establishment can no longer afford to employ these tactics.

Instead, they’ve adopted new ones.

Properly elected Ron Paul delegates were stripped from us. And when a motion was made to amend the Credentials Committee Report, it was ignored.

Morton Blackwell, a longtime conservative activist and RNC Rules Committee expert, found himself indefinitely detained – along with the rest of the Virginia delegation.

The RNC’s bus driver responsible for transporting delegates somehow “got lost” for well over an hour until a critical Rules Committee meeting adjourned.

Blackwell and the Virginia delegation were heading up the efforts to defeat new RNC rules proposed by Washington, D.C.-based insider attorneys.

These rules are designed to turn the Republican Party into a top-down organization and strip power away from state parties and grassroots activists of every stripe.

All efforts to vote down these onerous rules were ignored despite a clear split in the voice vote.

Sadly, these rules will now govern the party.

While it is almost certain we did not have the votes on the floor to win either of these battles, a fair and open debate and recognition of our motions would have been a better way for these problems to have been handled.

It didn’t have to be this way. And quite frankly, it’s a shame.

It’s a shame for Ron Paul supporters. It’s a shame for conservative activists of all stripes, and it’s a shame for the Republican Party.

However, you and I have much to be proud of.

Many of the amendments our campaign fought for were included in the new GOP platform. Four years ago, many politicians in both parties scoffed at our efforts to audit the Federal Reserve.

Now it’s in the Republican Platform – along with internet freedom, war only under a Congressional declaration, support for a gold commission, and fighting back against domestic drones.

We also forced the establishment to cave in and seat more of our delegates than they wanted to.

Instead of being shut out of the convention, Ron Paul was able to walk the floor and talk to his delegates Tuesday afternoon.

Coalitions that have been built over the past several weeks on these battles will last long into the future.

Our liberty movement is growing. It’s growing fast.

And the underhanded actions we’ve seen over the past week are sure to drive more folks into our camp.

I’m proud of our liberty movement. I’m proud of all we’ve accomplished. I’m proud of you.

I strongly believe you and I are the future.

Winning won’t be easy. Our opponents are determined to maintain their iron grip on power.

But their days are numbered – if I can count on you to keep up the fight.

The Ron Paul R3VOLUTION is not coming to end.

Our R3VOLUTION will not end until limited government, free markets, sound money, and respect for individual liberty, constitutional principles, and a pro-America foreign policy are finally restored in America.

And you will play a vital role in making this a reality.

For Liberty,

John Tate
Campaign Manager

P.S. The establishment is going to use every trick in the book to hold onto their power.

But they know you and I are the future of the Republican Party. Their days in power are numbered - if I can count on you to stay involved.

Our R3VOLUTION did not end today. It’s only beginning.

Disgusting conduct by the RNC.
Yep.

This is what your party has become, Jay. They're nothing but a bunch of myopic, arrogant, conceited and self-assured a-holes------and the whole world is watching. They might pull it off this time, but it won't go on forever.

Bet on it.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Sounds like a beer hall putsch on the streets of Tampa.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Area Man

Kristalnacht is coming to a "liberal enclave" near you.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Kristalnacht is coming to a "liberal enclave" near you.
They simulate Kristalnacht by throwing peanuts at you.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM

Ron Paul is 100% behind Romney as is his son. His son in fact was interviewed at the convention last night, though I doubt if any of the libs here saw it. I think it's odd that you guys don't tune in to the RNC, I wouldn't miss the DNC for anything.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Ron Paul is 100% behind Romney as is his son. His son in fact was interviewed at the convention last night, though I doubt if any of the libs here saw it. I think it's odd that you guys don't tune in to the RNC, I wouldn't miss the DNC for anything.
Both are all style, no substance. Maybe Faux News viewers simply cannot tell the difference.