Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-13-2023, 01:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I have become very cynical about why at this time the big artillery is arrayed against Senator Menendez.
Are you having difficulty understanding the charges against him? Among many other things he is accused of being a foreign agent for Egypt while serving as Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. I suppose as this board's foreign agent for Russia, you don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:26 PM
Jigsawed

https://politico.com/news/2023/09/27...fense-00118421
Old 10-13-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I have become very cynical about why at this time the big artillery is arrayed against Senator Menendez.
How about a one word answer, Traitor.

And for reference, here is his oath of office:

Quote:
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”
What really bothers me about this guy is that having been a Senator since 2006, what made him think he will not get caught for acting as a foreign agent? Is he that dumb or senile?

Most ordinary citizens I know would not touch this with a 10 foot pole because imprisonment is a certainty when caught.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:18 PM
Jigsawed

Menendez became too big for his boots. In street parlance, he was blocking traffic.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Menendez became too big for his boots. In street parlance, he was blocking traffic.
Too bad you can't say the same for Donald Trump. And that is why your cred on this forum has vanished like a fart in a windstorm. You, and the rest of those in this country like you, are the reason why Donald Trump is likely to get the 2024 nomination. You, and those like you are the reason why 250 years of US Democratic process as we know it, flawed as all democratic processes are, is threatened, and may already be dead.

Fucking congratulations.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Tommy Tubes is the one who has been blocking traffic, not Menendez and he is a Floridian claiming Alabama domicile. What a pathetic joke.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good for you...who fuckin' cares whatever it might be that you have become. Next?
Old 10-15-2023, 11:39 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Tommy Tubes is the one who has been blocking traffic, not Menendez and he is a Floridian claiming Alabama domicile. What a pathetic joke.
Menendez as chairman of a powerful committee was using his position to block the administration wish on an important foreign policy issue. He was seen as one who was not a team player in that regard. Possibly also incurred the wrath of the MIC.

In his first trouble several years ago Obama administration eventually ease the pressure. This administration might eventually also ease. After all Menendez is playing the Latino card and in hindsight his strong opposition to the sale of f-16 to Turkey is appearing to be the correct position.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:24 AM
Jigsawed

Sen. Menendez presses big bank CEOs about the positive effects of the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).

The Senator projects that despite his troubles the people's work is still important.

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/news...ct-of-the-cfpb
Old 01-02-2024, 05:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey — already accused of using his political influence to benefit Egypt — was newly charged on Tuesday with using his power to help the government of Qatar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/n...influence.html

This guy seems crooked enough to be a MAGAt.