Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What do you guys think?
1. You asked so many question I can't tell which is the key one.
2. You're suffering from coal on the brain.
3. Relatively speaking, oil and natural gas are efficient energy sources that are not expensive.
4. You didn't get my post.

Last edited by nailer; 04-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
1. You asked so many question I can't tell which is the key one.
2. You're suffering from coal on the brain.
3. Relatively speaking, oil and natural gas are efficient energy sources that are not expensive.
4. You didn't get my post.
1). The key one is the one separated out from the others.

2). The Mar-a-Lago lard ass campaigned on bringing coal back as an energy source when an actual leader would have simply told Appalachia what they've needed to hear for decades; "Forget coal, move on, find some other (legal) way to earn a living or starve to death.". I'm sick and tired of boo-hooing coal miners. There will always be some use for coal but it will NEVER be what it was and never should be, no matter how many times country musicians write weepy, tear-jerking songs about impoverished hillbillies. "I'm proud to be a coal miners daughter..." Who in the hell really cares? We're all the child of somebody, a mechanic, a dentist, a mailman or whatever...…… What makes coal miners so special? Nothing, really. If I moved on after losing my job in the auto industry, they can just shut up and deal with it too.

3). Oil and NG may be as you said, but it should be clearly understood that it's on its way out as an energy source as we push ahead with alternatives rather than something we invest in as if it has a bright future. Natural gas burns relatively clean but is finite nonetheless so; See above.

4). No, I did not. The choices we make in energy sources and how we move forward and climate change are linked. Imagine the mess we would have had we done absolutely nothing about hydrocarbon and other forms of pollution over the last 50 years.

My point is that the only thing holding us back is the refusal of an industry and people to let go of the past.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-14-2019 at 05:42 PM.