Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Mutated Member

The speech of Trump was very pastoral, but it could have been worse. Actually, it was not that bad, in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
The speech of Trump was very pastoral, but it could have been worse. Actually, it was not that bad, in my opinion.
My 2 cents says no way did he write even a single word of that speech. His totally insincere delivery was my first clue.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Mutated Member

I totally agree with you, I do not want to praise him. However - he accepted the text that has been written for him. BTW - I never heard him before speaking with such a smooth timbre. All in all - he and his ghostwriters did not fuck up in this very sensitive subject. This is much more than you can expect.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 10-02-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:59 PM

One needs to read his tweets to know what he is thinking, especially at 4 AM, EST.
A Teleprompter reads words penned by someone else words and probably vetted by a committee.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:01 PM

An actual President using his own words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhxjS1FO33c
Old 10-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Mutated Member

We all miss Obama. Well, most of us.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Admin

'Death in Las Vegas: The diminished president responds'

"The slaughter at a Las Vegas concert venue, the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, likely will spur the same nonproductive, maddening political argument. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) put out a statement, which read in part:
This must stop. It is positively infuriating that my colleagues in Congress are so afraid of the gun industry that they pretend there aren’t public policy responses to this epidemic. There are, and the thoughts and prayers of politicians are cruelly hollow if they are paired with continued legislative indifference. It’s time for Congress to get off its ass and do something.

Most Republicans will finger-wag, admonishing Democrats not to “politicize” the incident, which itself is a preemptive attempt to cut off discussion about gun legislation. One fears that reasoned discussion about a holistic approach that might, for example, include restrictions on numbers of guns that can be purchased, mental-health resources and public-safety measures is beyond our capacity. Our political leaders and their hyper-partisans seem utterly incapable of rational problem-solving that goes beyond thread bare talking points. If the shootings of children (in Newtown, Conn.), nightclub-goers (in Orlando) and a congressman (in Alexandria) did not provoke sober debate and concrete results, we doubt the result here will be any different.

President Trump spoke appropriately in expressing “sadness, shock and grief.” He dubbed the shooting as an act of “evil” and praised the speed of the response by police and first responders as “miraculous.” His appeals to unity and the “ties of community” were aptly chosen and soberly delivered. And yet,****his reputation as a provocateur and angry accuser now colors how many of us absorb his response. His frequent resort to race-baiting and contrived controversy lessens his effectiveness, and his erratic personality virtually ensures that in hours or days he will be back to his old stunts. His sincerity about unifying the country is immediately called into question.

Trump lacks the emotional stability to reduce emotions over the long haul. He lacks the intellectual sobriety to grapple with complicated, contentious issues. And we suspect he’ll soon return to senseless tweets and outbursts about the mayor of Puerto Rico, the press, Muslim immigrants, the NFL and the American flag, mention of which in remarks following a shooting would be unremarkable for any other president but sound like a dig at his adversaries coming from him." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.87f4630fe61f

This is from a conservative Republican opinion writer.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:55 PM

And if this guy turns out to be a MAGA Trumpette, what then? Will Trump deflect?
Old 10-02-2017, 02:12 PM

Didn't take you guys long to start politicizing this tragedy. Bravo.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Didn't take you guys long to start politicizing this tragedy. Bravo.
Conservative bloggers were trying to tie him to Antifa hours ago. They're way ahead of anyone here.

Now ISIS is claiming he was with them...