Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM

A beautiful gun if ya ask. But i also grew up with lever action a 22-250, and my dads .270. Got quite accurate with them using the rifle sights. Id love to have a .338 for mid to long range target practicing.
Currently my son has a Gamo presicion air rifle which he loves and got the hang of quite fast. Hope to be able to hunt for grouse and ptarmigan before the season ends. See how many head shots he can do with it.
I grew up hunting and a .270 will take down a caribou from a few hundred feet. though never shot a moose with it...I know some people who use the AR-15 for hunting and i have never seen the merits of calling a semi auto an assault rifle. it shoots one at a time. A assault rifle is fully automatic with a minimum of 3 shot bursts at the trigger pull. to the gaitling gun at what 6000 rounds minute?
Would you call a semi auto shotgun a assault shot gun? my dad hand one IIRC it was sweet.
well i said my piece and being the thread killer im sure no more will be said...maybe i should be called the assault threader?