Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
#1 is correct. Hamas wouldn't stop if settlements pulled out for the West Bank - they want Israel gone and make no bones about it.

Here's another take from inside Hamas. The left has some interesting bedfellows.

"......

“Hamas does not care about the lives of Palestinians, or the lives of Israelis, or Americans; they don’t care about their own lives,” Yousef told CNN in a recent interview. “They consider dying for their ideology a way of worship.”

........."

http://nypost.com/2014/07/30/israel-...-founders-son/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosab_Hassan_Yousef

Pete
Hamas, Benghazi, Hamas, Benghazi. I don't need to read the links because I know right from wrong. That is all I need to know. More than One Thousand Eight Hundred human women, children (Mostly), have been wiped from the face of this earth.

The blame shifters never cease to amaze and never ever disappoint.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingPoi View Post
Hamas, Benghazi, Hamas, Benghazi. I don't need to read the links because I know right from wrong. That is all I need to know. More than One Thousand Eight Hundred human women, children (Mostly), have been wiped from the face of this earth.

The blame shifters never cease to amaze and never ever disappoint.
In other words it right for Hamas to launch rockets into a country's civilian population indascrimitatly.

The truth is Isreal can wipe Hamas off the face of this earth and don't, Hamas would love to have this capability. The only thing Hamas can do I is sneak around hiding behind women and children letting them die in the conflict they alone start. Then send out the propaganda for Kool aid drinkers like yourself to get drunk on.

I think it would be good for you to read something other than what you are.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Ready

Quote:
#1 is correct. Hamas wouldn't stop if settlements pulled out for the West Bank - they want Israel gone and make no bones about it.

Here's another take from inside Hamas. The left has some interesting bedfellows.

"......

“Hamas does not care about the lives of Palestinians, or the lives of Israelis, or Americans; they don’t care about their own lives,” Yousef told CNN in a recent interview. “They consider dying for their ideology a way of worship.”

........."

Pete
'Bedfellows' is a metaphor and like all metaphors proves nothing. I am on record as advocating a total opposite approach from Hammas's violence.

Hamas will change or die. What doesn't? The fairytale 'exestential threat' from Hamas is used, by bigots, to justify bigotry. Collective guilt and collective punishment are still wrong, as wrong as anti-Semitism.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Jigsawed

The Three Big Lies Supporting Israeli War In Gaza.

http://theweek.com/article/index/265...ls-war-in-gaza
Old 08-06-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:

........."

Pete
True. I believe this comes from the concept of Islamic Jihad, Jihad of the Sword. What I can comprehend from the Jihad of the Sword is that the Jihadists are fighting against injustice. And for all I know (I am no expert nor have studied Islam), Hamas looks at Israel as a land that was taken away from the Palestinians so by fighting Israel and dying, they become martyrs.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Area Man

Israel; When the oppressed become the oppressor.

I have no sympathy for Israel. It was a stupid idea, based on fairytales, that has been more headache than it's worth. Zionism is bigoted, religion based garbage and it needs to lose our support, once and for all.

Dave
Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I hereby retract 'bedfellows' DQ, because I know you do indeed wish the Palestinians would change their approach

As do I. If they could pull off acting like Caesars Wife for just a couple years! the international pressure on Israel would be overwhelming. Americans and Europeans would be hugging them in the streets

That said I believe Israel has the right to go after the rockets and ones who fire them, and the tunnels/ones who build them.

Pete
Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Ready

Quote:
I hereby retract 'bedfellows' DQ, because I know you do indeed wish the Palestinians would change their approach

As do I. If they could pull off acting like Caesars Wife for just a couple years! the international pressure on Israel would be overwhelming. Americans and Europeans would be hugging them in the streets

That said I believe Israel has the right to go after the rockets and ones who fire them, and the tunnels/ones who build them.

Pete
Oh, I think something different than 'Ceasar's wife' would be needed. Non-violent non-cooperation. It would involve getting in the way a lot. It would involve taking losses.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Losses? How now, brown cow?

Pete
Old 08-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Ready

Quote:
Losses? How now, brown cow?

Pete
I'm sorry, but I find it completely impossible to imagine you actually want some sort of answer.