We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
View Poll Results: For me posting.or not
For 7 100.00%
Agaiinst 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Loyal Opposition

Most here would agree that anyone of any mindset is free to speak his or her mind here - and that anyone who posts can expect that those who agree and those who disagree will also speak their minds. Do not take disagreement or criticism as censorship. Do know, however, that, unless you are spamming, you are the only one who will determine whether you continue to post.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Most here would agree that anyone of any mindset is free to speak his or her mind here - and that anyone who posts can expect that those who agree and those who disagree will also speak their minds.
Absolutely.
And some who disagree, will say "dude, I don't want to hear what you think".
And then you know what you're dealing with, and you move on from there.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Wasillaguy;181768]I guess I wasn't clear.

Absolutely, you have every right, and those who try to quiet you are wrong, and small.
The religion portion of this site is conveniently divided from the rest. If you can't stand the sight of a faith based opinion, stay out of this wing.

Praise God and Amen.[

Yes You are very clear,And I do not deny any one from stating their opinion.I just wanted to have a little bit of the realestate so I could post.since I am not Strong enough or educated enough to post any other views.

I just replied to a comment and I got blasted from sevreral angles.It seems that most of the things in this life entail favoratism and Nepitism and the such.I have always been on the outside looking in,why I can only speculate to myself.I am just finding out maybe I am not going to be accepted here neighther.OK I could be not seeing the picture as it is .but in my years on Earth I Have learned to pick up on thing's and a lot I just let go by.But it seems I have tried to enter into another membership club that I am not welcome.

Just another lesson learned.I just wish I could back peddle and wipe my presence clean.And no I dont take things the wrong way I just dont really have the restriant I used to have.So you can Judge me how You will and say whatever but This It it for me. I tried to be a straight shooter. but I don't know.People are who they are just Like I am who I am.I will figure out a exit strategy.I tried.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:35 PM

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Groucho Marx

Belonging here is not desirable, IMNSHO
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Consider the sources Dave. It is ingrained in some religious beliefs that we can't have love, compassion, empathy, or any of the other good human traits without the belief in a deity. In order for them to truly believe that we could possibly be truly good people it has to coincide with their religious doctrine. I am not so sure they are preaching to us as much as unconsciously to themselves. I do agree that I prefer not to be preached to though.

Marc
Salient post. I believe you are spot on.

Dave
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Groucho Marx

Belonging here is not desirable, IMNSHO
And I respect you for that.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Area Man

Everybody is "accepted" here and we all take a beating from time to time. You can post whatever you want. I've never once seen any get told; "You can't say that here.", ever. The only people who have ever been banned from here are spammers. Plenty have come and left.....because they can't stand the heat of contradiction.

Dave
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

I always thought one of Paul’s letters to the people in Corinth was spot on when he wrote;

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

“ And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

Note that he never wrote that love was blind and since we were tasked to love our neighbours as ourselves it would follow that we must perforce love ourselves. The nice thing about love is that it is perfectly aware of faults but would rather concentrate on virtues and quietly correct the faults as time permits.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 PM

I have no explanations for myself and no self pity.I just do not fit into any type of social enviromentMaybe it is all on me.One thing I have learned about myself lately and that Is,I am a very weak person and the only real thread that keeps me going is that my wife and dogs need me.otherise I cannot say what would happen to me.i dont know.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Knowledge is my savior.
Oh, no Rajoo, don't say that. Thinking for yourself is very bad. If you want to know what you're supposed to think, just pick an instruction manual and follow it. There are many to choose from, a few dozen different versions of the Christian Bible, the Satanic Bible, the Torah, the Qur'an, the I Ching, the Baghavad Gita......and they all contain the "true word" of one God or another, or maybe even thousands of Gods. In fact, read them all.

Then you'll know all you really need to know about organized religion.

Dave