Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Really just how are we going to stop Iran from joining the Nuclear weapons club? They don't seem to listen to reason. Thinking that having these weapons will give them more power in negotiating with the rest of the world. Or worst yet to be used against another neighbor.

A point of fact being what power did the U.S. have over Pakistan or even India going nuclear? Then you have Israel armed also, one can see why a country might be thinking of getting on board. Does anyone really think the Saudi's are without these weapons?

My fears are that they will the death of us all and should be eliminated. But it will take something horrendous I'm afraid to bring thoughts of their elimination.

I just wish.....

As Mr Lennon put so nicely to song,

"A brotherhood of man imagine all the people sharing all the world"

"You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us and the world will live as one"

Barney
Old 12-17-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Really just how are we going to stop Iran from joining the Nuclear weapons club? They don't seem to listen to reason. Thinking that having these weapons will give them more power in negotiating with the rest of the world. Or worst yet to be used against another neighbor.

A point of fact being what power did the U.S. have over Pakistan or even India going nuclear? Then you have Israel armed also, one can see why a country might be thinking of getting on board. Does anyone really think the Saudi's are without these weapons?

My fears are that they will the death of us all and should be eliminated. But it will take something horrendous I'm afraid to bring thoughts of their elimination.

I just wish.....

As Mr Lennon put so nicely to song,

"A brotherhood of man imagine all the people sharing all the world"

"You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us and the world will live as one"

Barney
Don't forget North Korea.

Chas
Old 12-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don't forget North Korea.

Chas
I was just thinking of Iran's neighbors in my posting. But North Korea did receive the bomb from our old allies in Pakistan IIRC.

Barney
Old 12-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I was just thinking of Iran's neighbors in my posting. But North Korea did receive the bomb from our old allies in Pakistan IIRC.

Barney
It's great having friends, ain't it!!!

Chas
Old 12-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
And as much as I dislike bulling other people around, at times it's a necessity.
again, inevitably it seems, the fatal flaw and skewed rationale of American dogma rears its ugly head.

Necessary? For what, exactly, other than to suborn the will of another nation and people to our will and way of thinking? To protect our proxy that we established as the first nuclear power in the region?

We're American, we're christian, and because we know what's best for everybody, we're only going to slaughter you to protect you from yourselves.

Please.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
again, inevitably it seems, the fatal flaw and skewed rationale of American dogma rears its ugly head.

Necessary? For what, exactly, other than to suborn the will of another nation and people to our will and way of thinking? To protect our proxy that we established as the first nuclear power in the region?

We're American, we're christian, and because we know what's best for everybody, we're only going to slaughter you to protect you from yourselves.

Please.
It's not just America, all nations play the same game. The same game we've been playing every since the start of time.

Besides, everybody likes to think that killing the other guy is the morally correct thing to do. For some reason, people have a problem admitting to themselves that they are no better than a cold blooded killer or a thief.

I guess it's just too ugly of a thought...the downside of partaking from the tree of knowledge.

Wolves have no problems with doing what is necessary. They inherently understand the nature of things.

Chas
Old 12-17-2011, 11:54 AM

North Korea began its nuclear weapons program as a direct result of, and reaction to, being threatened by a nuke wielding interloper from the other side of the planet trying to assume control of local affairs in an attempt to impose their way of life and government in the area. The military leader of this interloping nation, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, lobbied hard for nukes to deploy against North Korea and their neighbor state, China. Thankfully, the president of that country, Harry Truman, was not consumed with the same Napoleonic delusions as MacArthur, and he denied his insane requests, and brought him to heel. North Korea never forgot what it felt like to be threatened with nuclear apocalypse, and did the only thing they felt would help prevent it happening again, from us or anyone else.

I believe that the (then) USSR got them started down what ended up being a long road to acquisition of nuclear technology and weaponry.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
North Korea began its nuclear weapons program as a direct result of, and reaction to, being threatened by a nuke wielding interloper from the other side of the planet trying to assume control of local affairs in an attempt to impose their way of life and government in the area. The military leader of this interloping nation, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, lobbied hard for nukes to deploy against North Korea and their neighbor state, China. Thankfully, the president of that country, Harry Truman, was not consumed with the same Napoleonic delusions as MacArthur, and he denied his insane requests, and brought him to heel. North Korea never forgot what it felt like to be threatened with nuclear apocalypse, and did the only thing they felt would help prevent it happening again, from us or anyone else.

I believe that the (then) USSR got them started down what ended up being a long road to acquisition of nuclear technology and weaponry.

I was talking about Dr. A. Q. Khan getting them the final few yards.

BTW N. Korea wanted and still wants the whole peninsula and as long as they are in power I don't see that changing much. The best land is in the south.

Barney
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I was talking about Dr. A. Q. Khan getting them the final few yards.

BTW N. Korea wanted and still wants the whole peninsula and as long as they are in power I don't see that changing much. The best land is in the south.

Barney
understood

What you say about North Korea's desire for reunification is true, and the reason you stated is certainly part of it. One of many similarities with this situation and the one in Viet Nam is the arable lands and waterways that are in the southern part of the peninsula. I'm sure the abundance of the Mekong Delta did nothing to dissuade that reunification movement, either.

To this day, more than a half century (and a drastically changed and changing world) later, the interloping nation still maintains a military presence and threat in their illegal colony in the south, and the threat of nuclear annihilation with it. It looks like they have no plans of going home on their own, and, it will take some real firepower and persistence to throw them out. As proven in the Viet Nam imbroglio, it can be done, though.

Last edited by neophyte; 12-17-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:

Believe it or not, I not only understand your arguments, but tend to endorse them.

Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

The United States, while not as pure as the driven snow, has been a positive influence for the world. More or less. IMHO

But I tend to focus on how things are as opposed as to how things should be.

Chas