Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Ambivalent Right

As a guy who once believed in what the GOP said it stood for and currently tired of the Democrats' focus on "wokeness" and niche cultural issues to the detriment of open discourse, I suppose I'm not too surprised though I expected to be pretty much smack dab in the middle though the middle ground is described as Stressed Sideliners and I don't comport very closely to the provided description.

I'll be the first to admit, however, that Trump has poisoned the well for me. Unless and until the GOP openly renounces Trumpism and discontinues its efforts to discredit and/or subvert elections, they'll never get my vote. The maintenance/strengthening of American democracy far outweighs any of my other policy beliefs and Trumpism's primary objective seems to be to tear down American institutions in favor of an autocracy.

The description of Outsider Left also pretty clearly describes my views other than the attribute of being young.

Last edited by finnbow; 11-09-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'll be the first to admit, however, that Trump has poisoned the well for me. Unless and until the GOP openly renounces Trumpism and discontinues its efforts to discredit and/or subvert elections, they'll never get my vote.
It was starting to happen, but it's picking up steam after last night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/u...ling-2024.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...e-election-win

Noteworthy as well, JD Vance didn't mention Trump at all during his post-election speech, while a number of Trump-endorsed candidates crashed and burned last night.