Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Detroit has been run by cannibals for much longer than the last ten or twenty years, my friends.

If it's ALL the Democratic parties fault, then why aren't ALL blue cities/states as f**ked up as Detroit?

Dave
Exactly.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I feel bad for all the middle class Joes that worked 30 years for a pension that ain't there. I can even imagine some bloodshed over that. You can only push a person so far before they say F it, and maybe take a suit with them??
Jay, since when do Republicans care about anyones pension? Or any other benefit for that matter. Those are the guys who think people shouldn't expect their employers to provide them with such things. And that anyone who complains about losing a pension or any other benefit is just a pansy ass whiner. (Except for themselves, of course. Because they always seem to think they are so much more deserving.)

Do you pay any attention at all to what goes on outside the bubble? No offense intended, but your posts are so bizarre and disconnected from reality at times.

Don't even try to go the "The GOP is lookin' out for the workin' man!" route, because that's the only thing farther from the truth than the Dems trying to claim it.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Jay, since when do Republicans care about anyones pension? Or any other benefit for that matter. Those are the guys who think people shouldn't expect their employers to provide them with such things. And that anyone who complains about losing a pension or any other benefit is just a pansy ass whiner. (Except for themselves, of course. Because they always seem to think they are so much more deserving.)

Do you pay any attention at all to what goes on outside the bubble? No offense intended, but your posts are so bizarre and disconnected from reality at times.

Don't even try to go the "The GOP is lookin' out for the workin' man!" route, because that's the only thing farther from the truth than the Dems trying to claim it.

Dave
Not out to speak for or stick a thorn in TD's side but as I remember he told us already he himself could do better in the private sector (make more money) but knew he'd have no pension so chose to stick with the union gig. (please correct if I'm off base here TD)
Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 PM

So just how is it different for a military pension to be off limits but a private sector or even other government employees benefits OK to cut after the fact? Seems to me a deal is a deal no matter who it was made to. Or is a worker just someone to use up and throwaway once they wear out like a piece of machinery?

Barney
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Not out to speak for or stick a thorn in TD's side but as I remember he told us already he himself could do better in the private sector (make more money) but knew he'd have no pension so chose to stick with the union gig. (please correct if I'm off base here TD)
No, you're not off base at all. I remember that too. There was also a post at AK that was all about how union jobs should be exclusive to the "best of the best" workers, (Pretty sure he was referring to himself.), "...something to aspire to." (See, if you were perfect, like me, you could make a decent wage too!)

Now, I've got no idea what goes on where Jay works, but we have plenty o' right-wing blowhards where I work too. They all consider themselves to be indispensible. The truth is that most of them are nearly useless. Unless the boss needs someone to keep his bunghole clean, that is.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-27-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
So just how is it different for a military pension to be off limits but a private sector or even other government employees benefits OK to cut after the fact? Seems to me a deal is a deal no matter who it was made to. Or is a worker just someone to use up and throwaway once they wear out like a piece of machinery?

Barney
"Or is a worker just someone to use up and throwaway once they wear out like a piece of machinery?"

Rhetorical question.

You know we've been told this by our rightwing friends here in PC on more than one occasion.

Dave
Old 07-27-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Detroit has been run by cannibals for much longer than the last ten or twenty years, my friends.

If it's ALL the Democratic parties fault, then why aren't ALL blue cities/states as f**ked up as Detroit?

Dave
Obama has to first declare that he refuses to let them go bankrupt.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Do you think Mr. Obama has the power or authority to engineer a bail out for Detroit? If so how? Why?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Good for him.

I'm supposed to support the folks who appear to support letting the whole country go down the toilet purely for political gain?

Dave
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Do you think Mr. Obama has the power or authority to engineer a bail out for Detroit? If so how? Why?
I think his mouth writes checks his ass can't cash.