Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Most excellent post, Ike!

Mind if I use that elsewhere?
I think it is a great post too and sums up the current state of paranoia in this country. Here is another post that I think is well stated.
Quote:
Duncan Rhoad · Charleston, South Carolina How about just be proud to be an American in general and vote for who presents the best ideas? The constant self isolation of people into parties and then the demonization of the other party as a whole is what leads to social divides in this country as well as an ineffective Congress. Nothing will get done if people pride their party identity more than actually doing what will help the most people.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-huckabee-racist-tweet_561dcc1de4b0c5a1ce61163b?cps=gravity_2446_-4811832190455736535"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...32190455736535[/URL]
Old 10-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Admin

'How the Press Can Deal With the Benghazi Committee' The Atlantic

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...mittee/410251/

"When a congressional investigation turns into a partisan operation, the media need to treat it as such."

Good article in the Atlantic.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Admin

NY Times from last weekend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/12/us...uiry.html?_r=0
Old 10-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...mittee/410251/

"When a congressional investigation turns into a partisan operation, the media need to treat it as such."

Good article in the Atlantic.
Awesome article!

This one addresses an issue that really makes my blood boil. This ridiculous notion that both parties are equal to blame for the mess we are in.

HELL NO!

It's the fucking Republicans that have gone batshit crazy!

And the so called "center" is now way way way to the right of where it was 40 years ago.

This chart says it all:

Quote:
It took mainstream journalism a long time to feel comfortable stating an obvious fact: that the modern Republican party is going through a push to the extreme unlike anything that is happening to today’s Democrats, and unlike anything else that has happened in politics since at least the Goldwater era and probably since long before. (After all, the Goldwater-era GOP had a significant liberal/moderate wing: Rockefeller, Scranton, Javits, Ford, George Romney, even Nixon and the first George Bush.) It feels so much more responsible, and is certainly safer, to write about “extremists on both sides.”

Three years ago, the think-tank eminences Norman Ornstein and Thomas Mann wrote a Washington Post essay called “Let’s Just Say It: The Republicans Are the Problem.” That was an inspired headline, because it captured the fact that even now it is harder than you would think for reporters just flat out to state that truth. This summer Christopher Ingraham of the Post’s WonkBlog provided a chart that should run alongside any “extremists of both sides” discussion. As the little thumbnail below shows, the Democrats are about as extremist-and-moderate as ever; the Republicans are not.

From WonkBlog this past June, showing proportion of House members from each party who are not moderate or centrist, from 1879 through 2014.

The point is: Only now, a year after Eric Cantor was driven out of his House seat by a challenger not closer to the middle but further to the right; a month after John Boehner decided to leave one of the theoretically most-powerful jobs in American governance; when possible savior-successor Paul Ryan is being attacked as too liberal; and during a GOP presidential primary campaign whose “center” is further to the right than any in memory—only in these circumstances have reporters begun to talk directly about the Republican party’s move toward the fringe. We’d all still really prefer to warn against “extremists on both sides.” If you listen you’ll still hear that on talk shows.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Admin

Latest claim from Gowdy about emails debunked by Rep. Cummings.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...edias-c/206254
Old 10-19-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Latest claim from Gowdy about emails debunked by Rep. Cummings.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...edias-c/206254
Also debunked by the CIA.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:08 PM

A second explosive memo from the same cache also reveals how Bush used ‘spies’ in the Labour Party to help him to manipulate British public opinion in favour of the war.

The documents, obtained by The Mail on Sunday, are part of a batch of secret emails held on the private server of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton which U.S. courts have forced her to reveal.

Former Tory Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: ‘The memos prove in explicit terms what many of us have believed all along: Tony Blair effectively agreed to act as a frontman for American foreign policy in advance of any decision by the House of Commons or the British Cabinet.

‘He was happy to launder George Bush’s policy on Iraq and sub-contract British foreign policy to another country without having the remotest ability to have any real influence over it. And in return for what?

'For George Bush pretending Blair was a player on the world stage to impress voters in the UK when the Americans didn’t even believe it themselves’.

Davis was backed by a senior diplomat with close knowledge of Blair-Bush relations who said: ‘This memo shows beyond doubt for the first time Blair was committed to the Iraq War before he even set foot in Crawford.

'And it shows how the Americans planned to make Blair look an equal partner in the special relationship to bolster his position in the UK.’

Blair’s spokesman insisted last night that Powell’s memo was ‘consistent with what he was saying publicly at the time’.

The former Prime Minister has always hotly denied the claim that the two men signed a deal ‘in blood’ at Crawford to embark on the war, which started on March 20, 2003.

The Powell document, headed ‘Secret... Memorandum for the President’, lifts the lid on how Blair and Bush secretly plotted the war behind closed doors at Crawford.

Powell says to Bush: ‘He will present to you the strategic, tactical and public affairs lines that he believes will strengthen global support for our common cause,’ adding that Blair has the presentational skills to ‘make a credible public case on current Iraqi threats to international peace’.

Five months after the summit, Downing Street produced the notorious ‘45 minutes from doom’ dossier on Saddam Hussein’s supposed Weapons of Mass Destruction. After Saddam was toppled, the dossier’s claims were exposed as bogus.

Nowhere in the memo is a diplomatic route suggested as the preferred option.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3p2gYvqs4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Carl
Old 10-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
[B]Former Tory Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: ‘The memos prove in explicit terms what many of us have believed all along: Tony Blair effectively agreed to act as a frontman for American foreign policy in advance of any decision by the House of Commons or the British Cabinet.

‘He was happy to launder George Bush’s policy on Iraq and sub-contract British foreign policy to another country without having the remotest ability to have any real influence over it. And in return for what?

'For George Bush pretending Blair was a player on the world stage to impress voters in the UK when the Americans didn’t even believe it themselves’.
This only confirms what we already knew, i.e. Blair was, as the saying goes, Bush's poodle.