Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Admin

Coincidence? Is Trey from the House of Slitherin'?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Coincidence? Is Trey from the House of Slitherin'?
He is a spooky looking dude. I guess he's smart by South Carolina standards.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Ready

I was wondering about Draco before (see post 4): http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7435

This is my favorite pic of Trey, doubtless working some dark magic:

Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
No question about it, the same party responsible for the lies in the run up to the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan for gain. Would now or ever let the truth stop them from fabricating or using innuendo to distract and confuse the simple minded. Facts and the truth, no need only confuses the narrative.

Fox News proves this works over and over again very day.

Barney
The 2003 invasion in anticipation of the 2004 election. The GOP knew it had barely managed to steal the 2000 election and that it had lost that popular vote...the third popular vote loss in a row for them. So the played the fear and anxiety card big time. Saddam = Osama/Iraq = Al Qaeda...and the ignorant American electorate bought it. We can only be thankful that as the 2008 election was approaching, and as hard as they tried to lie their way out of the outcome in Iraq/Afghanistan, for once the people of this country weren't buying it, and the GOP lost the next 2 popular votes. That's 5 out of the last 6 popular votes. They've won a single popular vote in the last quarter century.

But they're not stupid, they know what sort of desperate shape they're in. Listen to what they're saying. Look at what FOX is saying. It's a fucking calamity. The country is going broke, ISIS will destroy us, Obama has ruined our "greatness", there are no jobs, Christians are being mocked and oppressed, murderous Mexicans will slaughter us all in our beds, etc., etc. Conservative Republicans are appealing to fearful, anxious white Christian Americans and encouraging the belief that all their problems are being caused by people who look different, people who have different beliefs, and people with different values.

It's the same politics of fear that won an election for them in 2004. Aimed at stupid, anxious, fearful, white people, and they're going at it with even more intensity than they did in 2004. Look at FOX...it's fear mongering 24/7.

It's not enough for the Democrats to deny it and say "everything's fine people." Sociologists and psychologists have identified that the human brain has a built in negative bias. We see or hear something and we're 5 times more likely to interpret it as negative/dangerous than as positive/safe. It's how our species survived 200,000 years of being small, weak, and slow. And it's built in to our nature and psychology today.

What the Democrats need to do is call a spade a spade, be way more aggressive and call out conservatives and Republicans for the lying sacks of shit they are. Point out every lie and attack it and the messenger...ruthlessly.

And start with the fact that Benghazi was not a State Department Embassy...it was a CIA spook station. Two of the 4 killed, Tyrone Woods and Glenn Doherty were not State Department employees...they were former Navy Seals and CIA contract spooks. Everybody who worked at the station knew what it was and what they had gotten themselves into. Security should have been the responsibility of the CIA, not the State Department. Do the facts of Benghazi make this country look bad? Does it cause our alleged "allies" to question whether they even want a US "Embassy" on their soil? Perhaps. Too bad. It's time for the ignorant electorate to be confronted with the often ugly facts of what their country is up to.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-07-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Area Man

No way! Republicans don't do "smear campaigns" because they have HONOR!

Yeah, right...............
Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The 2003 invasion in anticipation of the 2004 election. The GOP knew it had barely managed to steal the 2000 election and that it had lost that popular vote...the third popular vote loss in a row for them. So the played the fear and anxiety card big time. Saddam = Osama/Iraq = Al Qaeda...and the ignorant American electorate bought it. We can only be thankful that as hard as they tried to lie their way out of the outcome in Iraq/Afghanistan, for once the people of this country weren't buying in and the GOP lost the next 2 popular votes. That's 5 out of the last 6 popular votes. They've won a single popular vote in the last quarter century.

They're not stupid, they know what sort of desperate shape they're in. Listen to what they're saying. Look at what FOX is saying. It's a fucking calamity. The country is going broke, ISIS will destroy us, Obama has ruined our "greatness", there are no jobs, Christians are being mocked and oppressed, murderous Mexicans will slaughter us all in our beds, etc., etc. Appealing to fearful, anxious white Americans and encouraging the belief that all their problems are being caused by people who look different, people who have different beliefs, and people with different values.

It's the same politics of fear that won an election for them in 2004. Aimed at stupid, anxious, fearful, white people, and they're going at it with even more intensity than they did in 2004. Look at FOX...it's fear mongering 24/7.

It's not enough for the Democrats to deny it and say "everything's fine people." Sociologists and psychologists have identified that the human brain has a built in negative bias. We see or hear something and we're 5 times more likely to interpret it as negative/dangerous than as positive/safe. It's how our species survived 200,000 years of being small, weak, and slow. And it's built in to our nature and psychology today.

What the Democrats need to do is call a spade a spade, be way more aggressive and call out conservatives and Republicans for the lying sacks of shit they are. Point out every lie and attack it and the messenger...ruthlessly.

And start with the fact that Benghazi was not a State Department Embassy...it was a CIA spook station. Two of the 4 killed, Tyrone Woods and Glenn Doherty were former Navy Seals and CIA contract spooks. Everybody who worked at the station knew what it was and what they had gotten themselves into. Security should have been the responsibility of the CIA, not the State Department. Do the facts of Benghazi it make this country look bad? Does it cause our alleged "allies" to question whether they even want a US "Embassy" on their soil? Perhaps. Too bad. It's time for the ignorant electorate to be confronted with the often ugly facts of what their country is up to.
Most excellent post, Ike!

Mind if I use that elsewhere?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Most excellent post, Ike!

Mind if I use that elsewhere?
Thanks.

Sure...feel free. I edited it a bit after your post...so you can decide which version you prefer.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-07-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:38 AM

Corroboration

Another Republican congressman has acknowledged that the Select Committee is really about destroying Hillary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c5a1ce62037e

If these guys are smart, they'll "disinvite" Hillary for next week. Every confrontational moment will be viewed as a political attack on her.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Another Republican congressman has acknowledged that the Select Committee is really about destroying Hillary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c5a1ce62037e

If these guys are smart, they'll "disinvite" Hillary for next week. Every confrontational moment will be viewed as a political attack on her.
No chance.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No chance.
Oh, I know.