Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Obama sorry he lied

So, after lying about the impact of health care reform on millions of Americans who lost their coverage, and then lying some more about blaming "bad apple insurance companies" for the cancellations, he now says he's sorry for all of it.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-coverage?lite

I actually might consider believing him, if it weren't for the fact that they knew as far back as 2010 that all of this was going to happen. So, I'll simply do what I'm sure most Americans will do and chalk up his "sorry" to more disingenuousness.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Admin

Depends on the lens you're using to view his comments, Mike.

Of course, I have a different take on what he said. In the end, your party did everything they could to torpedo the ACA and can hardly be held blameless or ingenious.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In the end, your party did everything they could to torpedo the ACA and can hardly be held blameless or ingenious.
So, folks who didn't vote for something are responsible for it? That's a novel dodge.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, folks who didn't vote for something are responsible for it? That's a novel dodge.
Here's a novel idea, how about the party of 'NO' actually do some real governing instead of sucking on the Koch brothers dicks at the drop of a hat?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Admin

I guess schools in Detroit don't teach civics studies? Correct me if I'm wrong but once an election or vote is taken, aren't we supposed to abide with the majority decision? and support it?

The Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act was passed by both houses of Congress, signed by the President and survived a legal challenge all the way to the Supreme Court.

The reason that I highlighted the first two words is a simple one. It removed pre existing conditions and lifetime caps, which is why these junk policies do not stack up and are therefore illegal. As a favorite (libertarianesque) sci-fi author of mine once said "TANSTAAFL", Mike. Grow up, bro.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-07-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I guess schools in Detroit don't teach civics studies? Correct me if I'm wrong but once an election or vote is taken, aren't we supposed to abide with the majority decision? and support it?
No, and its a lesson that's been learned over and over again throughout our own history. Maybe you missed some civics lessons yourself? Or maybe you're suggesting, for example, that all the folks who stood up against Jim Crow laws should have just shut up and supported them?

Quote:
The Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act was passed by both houses of Congress, signed by the President and survived a legal challenge all the way to the Supreme Court.

The reason that I highlighted the first two words is a simple one. It removed pre existing conditions and lifetime caps, which is why these junk policies do not stack up and are therefore illegal. As a favorite (libertarianesque) sci-fi author of mine once said "TANSTAAFL", Mike. Grow up, bro.
Yup. And that same Supreme Court has made many "interesting" decisions throughout its history. Again, using your logic: "Corporations = individuals as it relates to political contributions. Now shut up and support it." Or, "Discrimination no longer exists in the balloting processing this country. Now shut up and support it."

And finally, to paraphrase the next presumptive Dem candidate for POTUS:

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

I disagree with what this administration has done with health care in this country. So, I'm being patriotic.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I damn sure did not vote to invade Iraq but I am quite certain my taxes are paying for it. That statement of yours is infantile.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I damn sure did not vote to invade Iraq but I am quite certain my taxes are paying for it. That statement of yours is infantile.
Tell that to Bob. Apparently, since Congress votes to support the Iraq invasion, you're supposed to just shut up and support it.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Tell that to Bob. Apparently, since Congress votes to support the Iraq invasion, you're supposed to just shut up and support it.
I thought that is what I implied.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
No, and its a lesson that's been learned over and over again throughout our own history. Maybe you missed some civics lessons yourself? Or maybe you're suggesting, for example, that all the folks who stood up against Jim Crow laws should have just shut up and supported them?

Yup. And that same Supreme Court has made many "interesting" decisions throughout its history. Again, using your logic: "Corporations = individuals as it relates to political contributions. Now shut up and support it." Or, "Discrimination no longer exists in the balloting processing this country. Now shut up and support it."

And finally, to paraphrase the next presumptive Dem candidate for POTUS:

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

I disagree with what this administration has done with health care in this country. So, I'm being patriotic.
Quote: