in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Admin

The Big Lie Campaign

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...icies/?hpid=z3

Lying ass GOTPers.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:33 AM
Resident octogenarian

I seem to recall that the UN Inspector for Iraq testified that there were no WMDs in Iraq and he was somehow recalled.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I seem to recall that the UN Inspector for Iraq testified that there were no WMDs in Iraq and he was somehow recalled.
Well, yes if by "recalled" you mean the US told the UN to get their people out because we were going to start bombing.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Well, yes if by "recalled" you mean the US told the UN to get their people out because we were going to start bombing.
Regime change in Iraq had been on Bush's handler's agenda for at least a decade. When they decided to run him for President it was on the to-do list that they gave him. 9/11 was a convenient excuse to put the plan in action.

I don't think 9/11 was an inside job, but I think they were happy as pigs in shit when it went down.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Rational Anarchist

When the Democrats did nothing to stop the lie that became OIF, Ike's warning about the fascists (MIC) had come to pass.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
When the Democrats did nothing to stop the lie that became OIF, Ike's warning about the fascists (MIC) had come to pass.
There were plenty of Democrats that tried to stop it, there were virtually no Republicans that did.

So stuff it Nailer.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:31 PM

I think Bush lacked wisdom. Let's face it, Obama's failure to enforce his red line is sheer brillance in retrospect. Obama was willing to use better judgement even though it made him look bad. ISIS may control Damascus in the end but it will not be Obama'a fault.
Like Nixon before him Bush has tarnished his legacy...or ISIS has. I do not think Jeb Bush can put it behind him. No matter how many times Republican candidates lie about how it is all Obama's fault at a gut level most Americans know it is really at the hands of Bush. Just like how we all knew Nixon was guilty in the 70s. I hope Bush was sincere in his beliefs about WMDs.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Admin

You're a better man than I, Robbin. Gee Dubya should exiled to south Texas or south Florida with his brother John Ellis.

I'd like to see Wolfie, Cheney and Rummy in the dock at the Hague. Alternatively, they could chose to be air dropped into Mosul.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're a better man than I, Robbin. Gee Dubya should exiled to south Texas or south Florida with his brother John Ellis.

I'd like to see Wolfie, Cheney and Rummy in the dock at the Hague. Alternatively, they could chose to be air dropped into Mosul.
Works for me. Fix 'em up with airborne ranger gear and kick 'em out the back of a C-130. Tell 'em "you broke it, you fix it."
Old 05-23-2015, 06:58 PM

And 10,000 American troops in Iraq were going to stop the disintegration of Syria and the resultant rise of ISIS IN SYRIA first, then protect Mosul. Yeah whatever.

All without a SOFA agreement.

It is easy for Graham and McCain to talk about boots on the ground when it is other people's lives.