Area Man

Conservatives Brainwashed?

http://reverbpress.com/news/ex-reaga...ing-gop-video/

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!!!

Sounds about right to me.

Dave
Old 05-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Area Man

“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people. When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily. And so, they are completely in a universe in which they are hearing the same exact ideas, the same arguments, the same limited amount of data repeated over and over and over again. And that’s brainwashing.”

Really? Ya think?

Dave
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well that does assume that there is a brain there to wash.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Ready

It's been cleverly done. Took boatloads of $, but all the media are coordinated in the well-strategized propaganda/brainwashing effort, built on the firm ground of the basic conservative mindset. You know, 'us good, enemy bad.' Both halfs of the that basic message are hammered home. 'Us good' is vital, it what keeps the subjects locked into the identity gratification offered by the media.

Discussion of policy issues on the merits? Who needs that shit?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's been cleverly done. Took boatloads of $, but all the media are coordinated in the well-strategized propaganda/brainwashing effort, built on the firm ground of the basic human mindset. You know, 'us good, enemy bad.' Both halfs of the that basic message are hammered home. 'Us good' is vital, it what keeps the subjects locked into the identity gratification offered by the media.

Discussion of policy issues on the merits? Who needs that shit?
Please pardon bias removal because the corporate media is an important pillar supporting American Fascism, and you said it well.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people. When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily. And so, they are completely in a universe in which they are hearing the same exact ideas, the same arguments, the same limited amount of data repeated over and over and over again. And that’s brainwashing.”

Really? Ya think?

Dave
It's an exclusive ideological echo chamber that makes the false inbred impression that they are majority, because "everybody" they know agrees on the same issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-26-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Please pardon bias removal because the corporate media is an important pillar supporting American Fascism, and you said it well.
Alas, I don't pardon the bias removal. Conservatives tend to be biased to see outsiders as enemies, and this bias is played-to.

Liberals tend to be biased to see others as 'really just like us.'

Reality is of course more complex. Others are like us, which means they can be nasty boogers sometimes, and full of kindness and love other times. But what one assumes can introduce a big influence into the situation. Treating them as enemies makes them enemies. Hurting people makes them want to hurt you.

Imagine what Lebanon-Syria-Palestine-Iraq might be like right now if there had been a way to spend a couple of trillion $ on doing friendly stuff for them, instead of on war. I suspect conditions would not then have been 'right' for the emergence of this ISIS organization. Nihilistic jihad seems like a good idea when you're living in hell on earth, but if you're not, it doesn't.

Last edited by donquixote99; 05-26-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Alas, I don't pardon the bias removal. Conservatives tend to be biased to see outsiders as enemies, and this bias is played-to.

Liberals tend to be biased to see others as 'really just like us.'

Reality is of course more complex. Others are like us, which means they can be nasty boogers sometimes, and full of kindness and love other times. But what one assumes can introduce a big influence into the situation. Treating them as enemies makes them enemies. Hurting people makes them want to hurt you.

Imagine what Lebanon-Syria-Palestine-Iraq might be like right now if there had been a way to spend a couple of trillion $ on doing friendly stuff for them, instead of on war. I suspect conditions would not then have been 'right' for the emergence of this ISIS organization. Nihilistic jihad seems like a good idea when you're living in hell on earth, but if you're not, it doesn't.
I was being polite and making a point. You're bias supports our fascist regime.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:31 PM

For the conservative message to be sold so well, racism has to play a part. Election of Obama, especially to two terms made this easier. Then came Citizens United opening up the purse strings.

Now if only Congressional districts can be redefined using natural borders.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I was being polite and making a point. You're bias supports our fascist regime.
One of my points is that my 'bias' is toward 'we're all alike.' I deny that it's bias to say the conservative default stance is to think 'they' are enemies, because it's true. I understand that liberals may think that too, but less strongly and less often.

Now, I wonder if you could help me out and explain what of mine supports the fascist regime, and how?