Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:44 AM
Admin

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-black-n605686

"The snipers fired from an elevated positions on police officers minutes before 9 p.m. CT, according to Dallas Police Chief David Brown. He described the shootings as "ambush style."

"We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers from two different perches in garages in the downtown area, and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could," Brown said at a news conference — noting that some were shot in the back.

Police were in a standoff with one suspect in the second floor of a parking garage at around 12:30 a.m. and had exchanged gunfire with him, Brown said. Another suspect, a woman, was taken into custody near the garage, and two people seen leaving the area in a Mercedes were stopped and were being questioned."
Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Mutated Member

Just another chapter in the 21st century American Civil War, I suppose.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Mutated Member

One day shootings in America will be as insignificant as a flat tyre and just an aspect of the American way of life. Very very sad.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:55 AM

They already are.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
One day shootings in America will be as insignificant as a flat tyre and just an aspect of the American way of life. Very very sad.
This will turn right in to gun control discussions I'm sure. But, I think the German Jews are a good example of what can happen to an unarmed people.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Chickens coming home to roost.

I'm having a tough time giving a fuck about this.
Not a surprising reaction from you on this pimple.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 AM

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ings/86843010/

First:

Immediately after landing in Warsaw, and before the shootings, Obama had expressed solidarity with protesters earlier. In those comments, he aired his frustration with what he said were racial disparities in the criminal justice system.

Later:

“There’s no possible justification for these kinds of attacks or any violence against law enforcement,” Obama said, noting that he had spoken with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and offered his support and condolences.

Obama spoke from Warsaw, Poland, where he is meeting with NATO and European Union leaders.

When Obama expresses "solidarity" with the protesters, its the "Black Lives Matter" bunch that he's expressing solidarity with: the same bunch that has advocated violence against police. Its pretty hard for Obama to then credibly turn around and condemn that same violence when it breaks out in Dallas. I think if I were Rawlings, I would have hung up on that long distance call from Poland.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
This will turn right in to gun control discussions I'm sure. But, I think the German Jews are a good example of what can happen to an unarmed people.
I fail to see just how MORE GUNS last night would of helped!

Plus your argument seems to say that those who feel threatened by authorities like the Black community need to be armed for protection.

Why not control the authorities thru training in less then lethal actions or defusing situations. Then to in keeping military grade weapons out of civilian hands.

Barney
Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I think the German Jews are a good example of what can happen to an unarmed people.
I suppose this is what a 2nd Amendment solution looks like that a lot of right-wingers have been clamoring for (i.e., a group aggrieved with government action taking armed action against the government). How do you like it now?

Last edited by finnbow; 07-08-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
You would not have posted this nonsense if I was an American.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-08-2016 at 07:05 AM.