Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Turkey seems to want all the Kurds wiped out because they are giving them fits on the Iraq border. We should have left heavy armor and weapons with the Kurds. Then just maybe they could re-establish their homeland of Kurdistan.
FWIW, Turkey isn't the only one who believes the PKK is a terrorist organization.

The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization internationally by several states and organizations, including the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), the United States, and the European Union.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan_Workers%27_Party
Old 02-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
FWIW, Turkey isn't the only one who believes the PKK is a terrorist organization.

The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization internationally by several states and organizations, including the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), the United States, and the European Union.

They are only wanting to have their homeland back from Turkey, Syria and Iraq, funny how that works. Maybe NATO, USA and the EU should pull their respective heads out.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Banned

Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Shit, Zeke. What good is having a Buick if not to swat cockroaches with it?
Careful bob...cockroaches? It took less than that to get me the racist tag.

Zeke has shown he has a soft spot in his heart for Islamic terrorists and a bug up his ass for those who won't lay down and die behind their terrorism. I like the idea of MOAB's. Last I heard ISIS has a majority of popular support in Syria, maybe in Iraq as well. Just like Hamas in Gaza, just like Hezbollah in Lebanon, just like Al Qaeda in Pakistan.

See...I just can't help myself. How many interviews do we have to see of people in the streets of Gaza, Damascus, Baghdad, or anywhere else in the Arab world where the predominant opinion is that the Jews should be driven into the Sea and we're all infidels, before we finally get it through our thick skulls that the majority of the Islamic world probably prefers that we're all dead along with every Israeli.

So if a MOAB generates some collateral damage, it's gonna be way less collateral damage than we generated in our righteous firebombings of Dresden or Tokyo. One man's atrocity is another man's self-defense.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

What the PKK is is a matter of circumstances and who's the commander of the ship of this state. Back in 2003 Turkish PKK were all terrorists, while Iraqi PKK were all heroic freedom fighters. Same Kurds, same PKK, pretty much the same as the Taliban when you get to know them. But possible convenient allies in the wacky world of US foreign policy.

Like everything else in this country...the meaning of titles like PKK are based on convenience and politics.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-04-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Zeke has shown he has a soft spot in his heart for Islamic terrorists and a bug up his ass for those who won't lay down and die behind their terrorism. I like the idea of MOAB's. Last I heard ISIS has a majority of popular support in Syria, maybe in Iraq as well. Just like Hamas in Gaza, just like Hezbollah in Lebanon, just like Al Qaeda in Pakistan.
ISIS has majority support in Iraq and Hezbollah has majority support in Lebanon? That would indeed be news to the 65% of Iraq who are Shia and the 75% of Lebanon who aren't. You sure do make up a lot of shit as long as you think it serves your argument.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-04-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
ISIS has majority support in Iraq and Hezbollah has majority support in Lebanon? That would indeed be news to the 65% of Iraq who are Shia and the 75% of Lebanon who aren't. You sure do make up a lot of shit as long as you think it serves your argument.
I don't think Shia vs. Sunni makes much difference when it comes to an Arab's attitude towards Israel. When Hezbollah did their most recent assassination of Israelis, Shia's and Sunni's alike were happy as dogs rolling in rotting fish.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I don't think Shia vs. Sunni makes much difference when it comes to an Arab's attitude towards Israel. When Hezbollah did their most recent assassination of Israelis, Shia's and Sunni's alike were happy as dogs rolling in rotting fish.
It doesn't. However, your statements about majority ISIS support in Iraq and Hezbollah support in Lebanon were both pulled from the far reaches of your keister.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-04-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
It doesn't. However, your statements about ISIS support in Iraq and Hezbollah support in Lebanon were both pulled from the far reaches of your keister.
If you say so. I still contend that in the Islamic world, when it comes to Jews and Americans, terrorists, regardless of sect, are the heroes. Of course, as far as terrorism goes, to you Hamas is the Islamic equivalent of the Green Party. Plenty of Shia all over the Arab world were joyfully hopping up and down on that sunny Tuesday morning in September 2001. For a long time after that morning I, like many others, would have been happy to see the whole Islamic world turned into a glow-in-the-dark radioactive wasteland. And right now, I'm leaning heavily toward approving of any neighborhood where ISIS is in control flattened like a pancake. Just drop a few million leaflets all over the place...tell everybody to get their donkey carts loaded and get on the road to where there's no ISIS, because we're coming, and hell's coming with us.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
If you say so. I still contend that in the Islamic world, when it comes to Jews and Americans, terrorists, regardless of sect, are the heroes....
That's a pretty broad brush, Ike. It doesn't apply in Morocco, Turkey, Jordan, India or Indonesia and a number of other countries with huge Muslim populations. It does apply, however, to broad swaths of the Arab world, Iran and Pakistan.

FWIW, our behavior in the Mideast since WWII hasn't exactly been beyond reproach.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
FWIW, our behavior in the Mideast since WWII hasn't exactly been beyond reproach.
September 11 was chickens coming home to roost and we reacted emotionally -- not intelligently -- by swatting a fly with a Buick (and it wasn't even the right fly).

Fuck Bibi.