Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
How about we tie these taxes in with HSAs, so we know for sure they are used to treat the people with the bad habits? If they put a $0.25 tax an a Big Gulp, and a guy drinks one every day starting at age 18, he could have a whopping $3,400 dollars saved up for his big coronary attack at age 55. That should at least pay for the tongue depressors and the bed pan.
And a dollar for each pack of cigs, $.30 on the Big Mac, $.15 on the king size candy bar, $.20 on a bag of chips . . . starts to add up. And nothing on the fresh carrots; head of lettuce, chicken breasts, whole wheat bread, eggs, skim milk . . . . and broccoli

Not only are you making it more affordable to engage in healthy eating, but also helps cut down on the amount of packaging going into the landfull.

Regards,

D-Ray

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
And a dollar for each pack of cigs, $.30 on the Big Mac, $.15 on the king size candy bar, $.20 on a bag of chips . . . starts to add up. And nothing on the fresh carrots; head of lettuce, chicken breasts, whole wheat bread, eggs, skim milk . . . . and broccoli

Not only are you making it more affordable to engage in healthy eating, but also helps cut down on the amount of packaging going into the landfull.

Regards,

D-Ray

Regards,

D-Ray
Don't forget to put big taxes on skateboards, motorcycles, cars, mountain climbing gear, bicycles, exercise equipment, sports equipment, ladders, swing sets, knives, forks, horseback riding equipment, chainsaws, drills, fishing boats, stairs, lawnmowers, barbeque grills, turkey friers, and anyone with a low IQ.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Don't forget to put big taxes on skateboards, motorcycles, cars, mountain climbing gear, bicycles, exercise equipment, sports equipment, ladders, swing sets, knives, forks, horseback riding equipment, chainsaws, drills, fishing boats, stairs, lawnmowers, barbeque grills, turkey friers, and anyone with a low IQ.
Now you are finally getting with the program, Was.Keep it up and we'll be singin' Kumbaya as we welcome you into the Progressive Club.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray

D-Ray
Eggs and chicken breasts are both out because they are not healthy. Milk is questionable. Enjoy your meal of carrots, lettuce, and broccoli—preferably steamed. While we're at it, we might as well tax Play Stations and computers because they contribute to unhealthy lifestyles and our obesity problem. Hearing problems are caused by stereos that play too loud. Let's ban them. That big cinema system of Similost's would be the first to be banned. Government cannot create a world of ideal outcomes a priori.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Eggs and chicken breasts are both out because they are not healthy. Milk is questionable. Enjoy your meal of carrots, lettuce, and broccoli—preferably steamed. While we're at it, we might as well tax Play Stations and computers because they contribute to unhealthy lifestyles and our obesity problem. Hearing problems are caused by stereos that play too loud. Let's ban them. That big cinema system of Similost's would be the first to be banned. Government cannot create a world of ideal outcomes a priori.
What was that? I can't hear you.

You forgot recliners.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray

D-Ray
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM

I don't see the reason the drink company's in NYC are so upset. If this goes through will they not sell more drinks?

Barney
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 PM

I'd like to see all the soft drink manufacturers pull out of NY city and maybe NY state completely. It would be very interesting to see what goes down in the world of NY politics if such a thing was to happen.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I'd like to see all the soft drink manufacturers pull out of NY city and maybe NY state completely. It would be very interesting to see what goes down in the world of NY politics if such a thing was to happen.
Bloomberg would be hung in the town square. BTW, I've often pondered an entirely new use for the reflecting pool in D.C.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Bloomberg would be hung in the town square. BTW, I've often pondered an entirely new use for the reflecting pool in D.C.
Hey now, don't be messing with my favorite swimmin' hole in D.C.