Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I wonder how you are going to spin it when he follows through on his campaign promise not to touch it?

What am I saying?

I know what you are going to do.

Dismiss it with a snarky one liner, just like all of you Trump haters do.
That is almost as fair as saying you'll TOTALLY BUY IT when Trump guts social security and says he's "saving" it.

Almost.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
There are a number of things I admire about him. I'll go ahead and list a few, although I know I will only be inviting a hatefest from the fascist shithead haters on this forum.

First and foremost was that he took down the Bushes. He had the guts to stand up on the stage and say what no other Republican candidate would dare to say. That the Iraq War was bullshit and that George W. Bush did not keep America safe. I also like the fact that he rejected the title of "Leader of the Free World" and instead said he's the leader of the United States. I like the fact that he wants to rebuild our infrastructure instead of pissing away trillions of dollars on foreign interventionism. I like he act that he isn't afraid to speak his mind instead of following a carefully prepared script of thoroughly vetted talking points. I like the fact that he was the only Republican candidate who said he wouldn't cut Social Security.
The only credit I will give Trump is taking down Jeb but how it was accomplished was not very admirable. As to the rest, one big snow job.
Same question I asked whell, if this guy is so FG, how come he is having a hard time putting together a cabinet? Or the makeup of his cabinet which is simply underwhelming and amateurish!
Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Betsy Amway?
Old 03-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That is almost as fair as saying you'll TOTALLY BUY IT when Trump guts social security and says he's "saving" it.

Almost.
I've said it before and I will say it again. If Trump cuts Social Security in any way I will turn on him like a stepped on snake.

But using the term "when Trump guts social security" is quite disingenuous on your part as he has said he won't do it and there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that he has changed that position. And don't pull that shit about how one of his appointees has advocated for it. Trump is the President, not them.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The only credit I will give Trump is taking down Jeb but how it was accomplished was not very admirable. As to the rest, one big snow job.
Same question I asked whell, if this guy is so FG, how come he is having a hard time putting together a cabinet? Or the makeup of his cabinet which is simply underwhelming and amateurish!
Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Betsy Amway?
I don't care much for Trump's appointees, although Ben Carson isn't that bad, or for Mike Pence, or for any of the Republicans in congress for that matter. But they aren't President, Trump is. And Trump is NOT a Republican. He's also NOT a Democrat. Trump IS Trump.

Any problems he is having are due to the outrageous obstructionism that he is facing, which is far worse than anything Obama faced.

Oh, and as for his take downs of Jeb, Cruz, Rubio, and Hillary?

They were awesome!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I don't care much for Trump's appointees, although Ben Carson isn't that bad, or for Mike Pence, or for any of the Republicans in congress for that matter. But they aren't President, Trump is. And Trump is NOT a Republican. He's also NOT a Democrat. Trump IS Trump.

Any problems he is having are due to the outrageous obstructionism that he is facing, which is far worse than anything Obama faced.

They were awesome!
How do you equate this, Obama was hated for being black and Trump is now hated for being Trump?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Trump has a majority in the House of Reps, in the Senate, in the state Governors, in the state legislatures. Please remind me again how he is finding it so hard to govern?

He cannot govern by fiat, and he lost the general populace vote, so his power base is a minority driven by uninformed hatred and fear, and not constrained by the conventional Republican Party.

The United States passed through a solar eclipse in the 60s and early 70s with Vietnam, race riots, assassinations, and Nixon. We are strong enough to survive this shitstorm as well.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Ready

Quote:

They were awesome!
It's quite a group when "not-bad" Ben Carson is the bright spot....
Old 03-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

In some ways I hope Trump survives his term because Pence's view on women's place in the world pre-date the Ark.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
In some ways I hope Trump survives his term because Pence's view on women's place in the world pre-date the Ark.

So true. They are both bad choices for different reasons.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
How do you equate this, Obama was hated for being black and Trump is now hated for being Trump?
Obama was hated by basically ignorant powerless people.

The rich and powerful and the deep state in particular liked him because they knew he was no threat to the status quo.

Trump on the other hand is hated by these people because he does represent a threat to the status quo.