Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 PM

Global Warming Climate Change RANT!

OK, here I am sitting with a ice cold beer from "Germany" ( Spaten ) in a frosted mug waiting for my summer cloths to dry in an electric dryer. Trying to type until my shoulder reminds me of the tear in need of rest.

Realizing that I'm spoiled, own four vehicles. Mow my lawn with a gas powered lawn tractor. Take comfort in recycling and reuse of what I can. But still only so much one person can do. Looking at today's mail is a good example of the wasted resources (junk mail) soon to be pitched.

Just want to know what it is the deniers think is the reason I like others are awake to the effects of the modern life style. Sure it is easy to just keep going and not worry about our children. Bury our collective heads in the sand.

Fossil fuels Nuclear power are just bad. We need to go in a different direction. I remember there was once a time when Whale oil was all the rage.

The Human race is doomed thou, wasted with this gift given to us. The sacrifices will be to many and only after the damage is all to apparent will steps be taken. Then maybe but probably not!

I just want it in writing to my offspring that I was a believer. Tried to do my part but was weak and succumbed to what is.

Barney
Old 05-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
OK, here I am sitting with a ice cold beer from "Germany" ( Spaten ) in a frosted mug waiting for my summer cloths to dry in an electric dryer. Trying to type until my shoulder reminds me of the tear in need of rest.

Realizing that I'm spoiled, own four vehicles. Mow my lawn with a gas powered lawn tractor. Take comfort in recycling and reuse of what I can. But still only so much one person can do. Looking at today's mail is a good example of the wasted resources (junk mail) soon to be pitched.

Just want to know what it is the deniers think is the reason I like others are awake to the effects of the modern life style. Sure it is easy to just keep going and not worry about our children. Bury our collective heads in the sand.

Fossil fuels Nuclear power are just bad. We need to go in a different direction. I remember there was once a time when Whale oil was all the rage.

The Human race is doomed thou, wasted with this gift given to us. The sacrifices will be to many and only after the damage is all to apparent will steps be taken. Then maybe but probably not!

I just want it in writing to my offspring that I was a believer. Tried to do my part but was weak and succumbed to what is.

Barney
Amen brother!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Mutated Member

Change is the most fundamental principle in the universe - everything changes except change itself. Therefore the climate also changed, changes and will change. The current relatively rapid change is influenced by the fast Global Warming caused by the modern civilization. Fossil energy had been stored for hundred millions of years in the ground and then realesed in just some 100 years, and perhaps some more 30 years from now on.

We all have participated in this immense release of fossil energy and we have to bear the consequences. It is too late to stop climate change.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 05-08-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:26 AM

Everything is in motion nothing to be done ,just enjoy the Ride.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Dryers are the most obvious 'thing'. Otherwise overpopulation.

I was just watching a recent blurb last night - according to a trusted source the latest UN report says to keep rising temps to manageable levels, we need to both cut back co2 output by a gigaton like right now and also actually remove large amounts from the atmosphere.

Pete

[EDIT: Source dangit! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yx8kGyeOyY - he's no denier.]
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 AM

With all the tough decisions and measures ahead it is all to apparent, some of them will need a strong Government presence to be followed through. Forced on the people, not popular measures or easy. Left up to the majority, for a mob is swayed all to easily nothing will be done.

I try and do my part as little of an effect as it is. Keep the house cool in the winter, warm in the summer. Mow not as often as my neighbors like I'm sure. Replaced the incandescent lights, recycle religiously. Even spend my time getting the aluminum and steel from BPC junk units. Not for the money but to keep it out of the land fills.

BTW, my home is in a section where cloths lines are forbidden. Can't have one or if do will be fined!

Barney
Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I wasn't pointing the finger at you Barney, we all know it's our own fault

If government is the answer check out UNs' Agenda 21. Forget the tinfoil sites, read the source document.

Btw if you do some digging you'll find some scientists are upset at the way UN is making their sausage. They are NOT saying global warming is a hoax btw, but they are saying political powers are both suppressing and changing their conclusions, to forget the actual reports and read the scientific addendums instead. These folks are often volunteers btw.

Be prepared for an age of shrinking, where what we have will be dictated by more people sharing a smaller pie.

Pete
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I wasn't pointing the finger at you Barney, we all know it's our own fault

Pete
I never felt you were at all. Just was pointing out the absurdity in the code against cloths lines. Add to this one of my neighbors is the building inspector and enforces codes. Told one of my other neighbors to mow the lawn. The grass wasn't tall at all. Just being next to his looked higher. He mows his short, I on the other hand mow with the deck up all the way.

Barney
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Everything is in motion nothing to be done ,just enjoy the Ride.
In a way, I'm looking forward to it.

Retirement is getting boring.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:16 AM

Just don't seem to get what people think I have to gain by being against fossil fuels? Really do they think I want to do without? I just realize how selfish this is and wish more would see it for what it is.

My sister informed me that God gave us oil and the earth still creates it for our use. It will never run out. How do you deal with that?

Barney