Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
A pro-Trump social media influencer who posted about his role in the Jan. 6 siege was arrested this week on Capitol riot charges

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro-...charged-2022-8

880 of your idiot pals arrested so far, Whell! Reality bites, eh? How many years do you think your treasonous Dear Leader will serve behind bars?
What makes you think these are my "pals", or that I don't want appropriate punishments for those who participated in the Jan 6 riot? You're guided by a pretty odd set of assumptions.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
What makes you think these are my "pals", or that I don't want appropriate punishments for those who participated in the Jan 6 riot? You're guided by a pretty odd set of assumptions.
Probably because you've been convinced by Trump and Fox News that they were Antifa.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
And that's not even counting the BLM protests against police brutality around the world. It seems like more than those with the permanent tan were aware of unfair treatment Blacks are getting in this country. Where do you get your statements from whell? 2B in damages, dozens killed. I guess you'll quote some Reich-Wing media source. finnbow was stating facts. On the other hand...

I linked to my source twice in prior posts. You can check it out for yourself.

No, no violence at all.

Hell, it was Governor Walz in MN, a Democrat, that had to mobilize the National Guard to restore order.

"Let’s be very clear,” Mr. Walz said. “The situation in Minneapolis, is no longer, in any way, about the murder of George Floyd. It is about attacking civil society, instilling fear and disrupting our great cities."

Last edited by whell; 08-03-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You do seem to be very much against what the Jan 6 committee is doing. Or is it you're just opposed to who you think they're going after?
Old 08-03-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:

No, no violence at all.
Aside from the pic that's too big could you maybe point out who here said there was no violence at all. Facts please, I'll wait.

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-03-2022 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM

Question

Quote:
"Let’s be very clear,” Mr. Walz said. “The situation in Minneapolis"
That's it? The "situation in Minneapolis" is what you equate with violence all across the land. A "source" and facts aren't necessarily the same thing. Maybe the other BLM protests around the globe didn't get the message that they were supposed to burn, murder and loot?

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-03-2022 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

No, no violence at all.

Hell, it was Governor Walz in MN, a Democrat, that had to mobilize the National Guard to restore order.

"Let’s be very clear,” Mr. Walz said. “The situation in Minneapolis, is no longer, in any way, about the murder of George Floyd. It is about attacking civil society, instilling fear and disrupting our great cities."

And the situation in Minneapolis was set in motion by a White Nationalist torching an Autozone with the expressed intent of starting a race war.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:57 AM

Just for shits & grins I scrolled back to the origin of this post. I'm convinced that the entire purpose of it is simply to troll those Sir whell views as being on the left and therefore wrong on just about everything. No matter what facts are presented Sir whell maintains the never give up, never surrender posture. This post has given him six years of entertainment. Of course coming from a Lefty he'll assuredly deny that. Oh well (no pun intended), more important things to do.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
That's it? The "situation in Minneapolis" is what you equate with violence all across the land.
Did you locate the source I posted twice? Did you miss the news from the summer of 2020? Apparently so.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And the situation in Minneapolis was set in motion by a White Nationalist torching an Autozone with the expressed intent of starting a race war.
Uh...no.

Yes, the media made sure that the info contained in a search warrant for the unidentified "Umbrella Man" were quickly amplified. However, the media then moved on from that story, apparently believing that they did their part to help try and convict the guy.

Then, a year later, in an unexpected act of journalism, someone went back and asked the question: Hey, whatever happened with the Umbrella Man (who was identified in the warrant as Mitchell Wesley Carlson)? That answer is: Nothing. No arrest warrant, no charges, no trial. Not even a misdemeanor charge for breaking windows.

From the article:

In the search warrant records, Minneapolis police investigator Erika Christensen said authorities were tipped off about the man’s identity. In addition to the eponymous umbrella, he wore a gas mask and was recorded using a small sledgehammer to break AutoZone windows. He is also believed to have spray-painted “free (expletive) for everyone zone” on the store doors.

Further:

Then came a tip that was emailed to the Minneapolis police. Additional research identified the tipster and the police were able to speak directly with this person, who was passing the information along for another individual who preferred to remain anonymous out of fear of Carlson. The informant stated that Carlson is a member of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club and associated with the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood (ACB), a small, white supremacist prison/street gang based in Minnesota and Kentucky, whose symbol is a helmeted and winged skull with the initials ACB. “He wanted to sow discord and racial unrest,” the informant told police.

So, the COMPLETE story here Finn is that the cops received a tip from an unidentified source that Carlson was the Umbrella Man. The police get a search warrant - and potentially the search warrant was dressed up with information received from the tipster about groups that Carlson was allegedly associated with, they execute the warrant, and 2 years later none of the allegations in the media have been "proven" (i.e., testimony under oath), beyond that fact that the info about his alleged associations was included in the search warrant.

Available information on-line about Carlson suggests he's no angel. There are public records about domestic abuse, and some less than flattering photos online. Is he the "Umbrella Man"? No one apparently knows for sure, or at the very least, there's insufficient evidence to charge him.