Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Admin

Needs more straw Mike.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
There's no reasoning with you on this. You've staked out your position which appears to be this:

- we need a "filter" for news.
- the filter needs to be an arm of government.
- it doesn't seem to bother you that such a filter could, and probably would, be used for political purposes.
- the 1st Amendment of the US constitution was SPECIFICALLY intended to protect freedom of POLITICAL speech and the press. However, if you don't like to don't particularly agree with the content of such speech or press, the government should filter it, 1st Amendment be damned.
- The internet should be subject to government control.
- Even though there is no evidence that Russian efforts / hacking had any impact on the election...ZIP, ZERO, NADA...., we must take action which could have long term negative consequences on individual freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
- The average person is obviously too stupid to protect themselves from "fake news", and folks like you must take action to "protect them".
- Mainstream media sources are not capable of bias and can and should be trusted, even though recent evidence demonstrates that mainstream media is certainly capable of distortions, errors, and and bias.
- You and the left own the definition of "fake news", and resent any implication that mainstream news sources are just and capable of writing, printing and broadcasting BS (a.k.a fake news) as any other news source.

I think that about sums up the content of posts on this topic so far.
Again, you missed the point of my objection to your thread in which you tried to conflate fake news with real news critical of your Trumpenfuhrer or his agenda. I have never once called for a government filter, but remain critical of Trump, Flynn and people like you spreading fake news after it caused one of my preferred pizza joints to be shot up by a lunatic with a filter about as good as yours (and Trump's and Flynn's).

I guess there's no hope for someone like you who feels Breitbart, InfoWars and talk radio represent real news and the the Post is fake. Ignorance is bliss, and if your ignorance keeps you happy, more power to you.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Better how?

"Fake news" is useful...it democratize "news".
Better by having less purposely deceptive and manipulative content.

What do you mean by 'democratizes'--it gives stupid people something they want to read?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Again, you missed the point of my objection to your thread in which you tried to conflate fake news with real news critical of your Trumpenfuhrer or his agenda. I have never once called for a government filter, but remain critical of Trump, Flynn and people like you spreading fake news after it caused one of my preferred pizza joints to be shot up by a lunatic with a filter about as good as yours (and Trump's and Flynn's).

I guess there's no hope for someone like you who feels Breitbart, InfoWars and talk radio represent real news and the the Post is fake. Ignorance is bliss, and if your ignorance keeps you happy, more power to you.
I could care less if you post "real news". You almost never do anymore. But post that BS from WaPo or NY Times that posts idle speculation from unnamed sources and couches it as news and you betcha it'll get a fake news label from me. And, as it turns out, that label fit perfectly.

Sorry that some nut shot up your preferred pizza joint.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I could care less if you post "real news". You almost never do anymore. But post that BS from WaPo or NY Times ...
No, it remains real news. However, you're now fully in the thrall of your Trumpenfuhrer and believe the silly drivel coming from his piehole along with that of Kellyanne and Reince. If it weren't so fun making you look like a smitten tool, I'd feel sorry for you.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No, it remains real news. However, you're now fully in the thrall of your Trumpenfuhrer and believe the silly drivel coming from his piehole along with that of Kellyanne and Reince. If it weren't so fun making you look like a smitten tool, I'd feel sorry for you.
Really? Here comes the CNN fake news report that Trump was at risk of "compromised" by the Russians. Sounds like it's about to blow up in CNN's face.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Really? Here comes the CNN fake news report that Trump was at risk of "compromised" by the Russians. Sounds like it's about to blow up in CNN's face.
FWIW, CNN reports that "Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN." Nowhere in the article does CNN claim that the information in the (Republican-funded) operations research is true. In fact, it clearly states "CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations." What exactly is fake in their reporting? McCain appeared concerned enough with the allegations that he forwarded them to the FBI, as did the MI6 investigator.

It is amusing, though, to hear the Birther-in-Chief complain about unverified claims about the President-Elect. Maybe he should send the same team he sent to Hawaii to Prague and Moscow to clear this up, once and for all. Or maybe he can task the journalists for the National Enquirer who Trump cited when he claimed Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Or perhaps the InfoWars reporter who reported that 3 million illegals voted in California (also cited by Trump).

So, the guy who benefited from (and routinely cited and retweeted) fake news is now bitching about fake news. I call it being hoisted on his own petard. Poor baby.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Why is this fake news if the intelligence was presented by the chiefs of intelligence agencies directly to Trump? The best you have is that the information itself is not corroborated.

Or are you now mimicking Trump, don't like the news, blame the media?
I am beginning to wonder what your motivation is.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
FWIW, CNN reports that "Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN." Nowhere in the article does CNN claim that the information in the (Republican-funded) operations research is true. In fact, it clearly states "CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations." What exactly is fake in their reporting? McCain appeared concerned enough with the allegations that he forwarded them to the FBI, as did the MI6 investigator.

It is amusing, though, to hear the Birther-in-Chief complain about unverified claims about the President-Elect. Maybe he should send the same team he sent to Hawaii to Prague and Moscow to clear this up, once and for all. Or maybe he can task the journalists for the National Enquirer who Trump cited when he claimed Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Or perhaps the InfoWars reporter who reported that 3 million illegals voted in California (also cited by Trump).

So, the guy who benefited from (and routinely cited and retweeted) fake news is now bitching about fake news. I call it being hoisted on his own petard. Poor baby.
It sounds like the were documents a hoax. If true, CNN failed to validate the source and the validity of the documents (can you say Mary Mapes?) before running with the story.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
It sounds like the were documents a hoax. If true, CNN failed to validate the source and the validity of the documents (can you say Mary Mapes?) before running with the story.
They openly said exactly that. FWIW, the FBI thought these allegations were credible enough to apply "for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (FISA) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials." Between Carter Page, Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn and Steve Bannon's ties to and praise for Russia (not to mention Trump's), it would be dereliction of duty not to investigate such allegations.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.