Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Area Man

"Religious Freedom" to me means having the right to choose ones own spiritual path and to tell pushy evangelicals to bugger off.

Politically, I find telling Republicans I'm an Agnostic makes it much harder for them to brainwash me with their ridiculous, fearmongering crap.

So, I think I'll stick with that.

Dave
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Is this where I get to bring up the Congressional Chaplain?

Pete
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Is this where I get to bring up the Congressional Chaplain?

Pete

Also, from the Senate Chaplain site:

Quote:
Office of the Senate Chaplain
When the Senate first convened in New York City on April 6, 1789, one of its first orders of business was to appoint a committee to recommend a candidate for chaplain.
There is a difference between having religion in government and establishing a national religion. We have always had religion in government. Religion was the basis of our laws until the Clinton Administration. After he opened Pandora's box everyone wanted in.

That Clinton. He was good at opening boxes.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Resident octogenarian

Interestingly enough the word "God" only appears once in the Delaration of Independence, and there it is qualified by the word "Nature's" which could even be a reference to Pan. It appears nowhere in the Constitution or Amendments..
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Interestingly enough the word "God" only appears once in the Delaration of Independence, and there it is qualified by the word "Nature's" which could even be a reference to Pan. It appears nowhere in the Constitution or Amendments..

How about your wallet? Anyone wishing to eliminate "In God We Trust" from your life? Please donate your cash to the Disabled Vets. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
How about your wallet? Anyone wishing to eliminate "In God We Trust" from your life? Please donate your cash to the Disabled Vets. Thanks!
Golly, that's dumb! By the way, all those Muslims you clearly hate worship the same old man in the sky whom you apparently do.

"In God We Trust" first appeared on our currency in 1864 and didn't become our official motto until 1956. It replaced "E Pluribus Unum". I suppose someone wanted us to think less about our collective strength and more about subservience to a higher authority.

John
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Not exactly, we believe in a god that is three in one, they do not. Therefore they must be different.

Pete
Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It's not Pan. Look up natural law.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Loyal Opposition

Everyone knows that anyone who is not baptized in the correct Baptist church is going straight to Hell. And, anyway, the folks in Israel do not believe in the Trinity, so they're going straight to Hell. If they're all going to Hell anyway, why do we need to provide them with all of those armaments? Just let them fight it out on their own with the rest of the Godless heathens over there.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Golly, that's dumb! By the way, all those Muslims you clearly hate worship the same old man in the sky whom you apparently do.

"In God We Trust" first appeared on our currency in 1864 and didn't become our official motto until 1956. It replaced "E Pluribus Unum". I suppose someone wanted us to think less about our collective strength and more about subservience to a higher authority.

John

Why don't you abide by the rules of the site?
You need not feel you have to educate me or anyone else. My opinions are mine and need not be interpreted by you as being dumb or hateful. You are a majority of one. You must be a JOY to live with!

Our members have the right to their own ideas, beliefs and faiths. Members have the right to constructively express these on Politicalchat.org with equal respect and consideration.