Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Republicans have started to care about income inequality

"Which brings us to an uneasy question: If Republicans have pivoted to care more about the poor, and Democrats have pivoted to care more about the middle class, who’s left to look out for America’s newly neglected rich?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z3

Answer: As long as this concern for the middle class and the poor stays in the talking stage (similar to Israel-Palestine peace talks), and never talk about revising the tax code (settlements)...............
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Admin

I'd rather we stick an apple in their mouths and fire up the smoker, baste them up with some sweet BBQ sauce. Then feed 'em to a pack of abandoned ravenous dogs roaming the wastelands of Detroit.

What can I say, we're living in the neo Gilded Age and I'm tired of hearing how the rich amongst us are sorely put upon by the rest of the nation.

Drone much Whelly?
Old 01-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Persona non grata

When Income Was Taxed at 94%: How FDR Tackled Debt and Reckless Republicans

Americans making over $250,000 in 1944 — over $3.2 million today — paid 69 percent of their total incomes in federal income taxes, after exploiting every loophole they could find. In 2007, by contrast, America’s 400 highest earners paid just 18.1 percent of their total incomes, after loopholes, in federal taxes.

read more here.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Americans making over $250,000 in 1944 — over $3.2 million today — paid 69 percent of their total incomes in federal income taxes, after exploiting every loophole they could find. In 2007, by contrast, America’s 400 highest earners paid just 18.1 percent of their total incomes, after loopholes, in federal taxes.

read more here.
Hmmm...wasn't there a World War going on in 1944 that we were trying to finance our participation in? Not that a little thing like that would make any difference in tax policy and revenue collections....
Old 01-23-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I'd rather we stick an apple in their mouths and fire up the smoker, baste them up with some sweet BBQ sauce. Then feed 'em to a pack of abandoned ravenous dogs roaming the wastelands of Detroit.

What can I say, we're living in the neo Gilded Age and I'm tired of hearing how the rich amongst us are sorely put upon by the rest of the nation.

Drone much Whelly?
I'm tired of the gummint telling us that they can create jobs and stimulate the economy while coming up with tax policies that are ostensibly aimed at the "rich" but end up biting the rest of us in the ass.

Here's how I drone, Bobby.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Hmmm...wasn't there a World War going on in 1944 that we were trying to finance our participation in? Not that a little thing like that would make any difference in tax policy and revenue collections....
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/ne...n-World-War-II

Quote:
Iraq war will cost more than World War II

Throw in the replacement of vehicles, weapons, equipment, etc., and the eventual tab for the United States could reach $4 trillion to $6 trillion, according to University of Columbia economist Joseph Stiglitz and Harvard University budget expert Linda Bilmes. Those are big numbers.

They would be on par with the $4.6 trillion the US spent on the recent financial bailouts, according to Barry Ritholtz, CEO of Wall Street research firm Fusion IQ and author of the popular blog The Big Picture. (Another estimate puts the bailout cost at $8.7 trillion.) The sum spent on the Iraq war could pay for a good chunk of Obamacare, professor Bilnes estimates. It’s more than the $3.6 trillion the US spent to fight World War II, even after adjusting for inflation, Mr. Ritholtz estimates.
And that's just for Iraq. Then we have Afghanistan.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/ne...n-World-War-II

And that's just for Iraq. Then we have Afghanistan.
Didn't Whelly's fearless leader Bush the Lesser tell the nation to go shopping while instituting tax cuts? Then Cheney went on to proclaim deficits don't matter.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm tired of the gummint telling us that they can create jobs and stimulate the economy while coming up with tax policies that are ostensibly aimed at the "rich" but end up biting the rest of us in the ass.

Here's how I drone, Bobby.
Too funny Mike. Spoken like the HR drone you truly are. Bootlick much?

BTW dipshit,
http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7542
Old 01-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Didn't Whelly's fearless leader Bush the Lesser tell the nation to go shopping while instituting tax cuts? Then Cheney went on to proclaim deficits don't matter.
By starting the Iraq war, Bush/Cheney engineered a massive transfer of taxpayer dollars to their pals in the Military Industrial Complex, while at the same time pushing through huge tax cuts so that those same pals could keep all of that money. This brought about huge deficits which the right wing is now using as an excuse to come after our Social Security and Medicare.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
By starting the Iraq war, Bush/Cheney engineered a massive transfer of taxpayer dollars to their pals in the Military Industrial Complex, while at the same time pushing through huge tax cuts so that those same pals could keep all of that money. This brought about huge deficits which the right wing is now using as an excuse to come after our Social Security and Medicare.
Yup, Halliburton, KBR and that shape shifting scumbag private security firm BlackWater were such paragons of corporate greed.

I was reading how the USSC is finally going to hear the case of a dead US soldier who was electrocuted in his barracks shower due to shoddy electrical wire.