Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Did anyone see the locals getting between the rabble rousers and cops last night? Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You will always be unhateable to me Pete. I just accept your invalid political convictions as a result of inhaling all those fumes when the Cuyahoga River caught on fire....
That is a legitimate admissible defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
yes

And if I was the store owner I am not getting into any altercation over swisher sweets or a case of Milwaukee's Best. I am going to let them take everything they want, leave the store and then I will call the police. I am not dying over Swisher Sweets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Here in Virginia, store employees are told by their own managers and the law to let shoplifters walk. A case of beer is not worth an employee and/or innocent bystanders getting killed over, which is what we had before. Interestingly, shoplifting has not increased. It seems that a kleptomaniac is going to steal regardless of the risks.

Surveillance cameras catch images of thieves which are then posted in the stores and on t.v. news.

It works.

Dave
If you live somewhere the cops actually come when you call. You can tell Ferguson isn't a stone cold hood yet. That store owner would not be in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Eyewitnesses also said he was shot in the back and forensics tells us he wasn't shot in the back.

I'll wait to hear the results of the investigation before I believe eye witness accounts.
No fair being reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's been tough buddy, it's been tough.

Just finished up a remodel, took 8 months, and the best I can tell I broke even or went 1K either way. The most difficult job I've ever taken on in my entire life.

I wound up going 5-10K above their expectations. They took it pretty good, all things considered.

Of course, they've got a bull out there that should they hook him up to one of those jacking off machines, could probably make them half of that before his dick went soft.

Life goes on.
Chas
Congrats on finishing it! Cheers.

Pete
Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Did anyone see the locals getting between the rabble rousers and cops last night? Hooray!

Nobody else saw this? It was on CBS this AM.

Pete
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I found a different/better? newsite out of St. Louie. Maybe the Dispatch is getting too much traffic, they seem slow at times.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/

Curfew lifted. http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...he_streets.php
Riverfront Times is the local "bar scene" and Arts rag. Not exactly staffed with real journalists.
Not that the Post Dispatch is much better.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Pete
Yes, I saw it. Good to see. Also saw Cptn. Johnson requesting that peaceful protestors go home a 4pm today. Not a curfew, a request, so they can deal with the trouble makers without innocent protestors getting in harms way.

He also invited the CNN reporters to hang with him tonight and see it from the LEO perspective. He said they were being taunted into the shadows and then fired upon. Coordinated ambush stuff.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Admin

Quote:

Pete
Sure, it's been going on for days. The problem is there is a small minority of knuckleheads who want confrontation and they hide out in the crowd of peaceful protesters.

Time to re-instate the curfew while the FBI rounds up the asshole rock & bottle throwers and the looters.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Riverfront Times is the local "bar scene" and Arts rag. Not exactly staffed with real journalists.
Not that the Post Dispatch is much better.
True that. Is there a real city newspaper left in St. Louis?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
True that. Is there a real city newspaper left in St. Louis?
No. Just like most cities, STL used to have two- The Globe Democrat and the Post Dispatch. Both were pretty good, and of course one tilted each direction. The Globe shut down in 1986, and the Post immediately slid downhill.

Same thing up here in Anchorage. When there were two papers, they both had real journalists and good information. Now we got one and it's just a bunch of advertisements with AP stories thrown in and an occasional fluff piece by a local amateur writer.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
No. Just like most cities, STL used to have two- The Globe Democrat and the Post Dispatch. Both were pretty good, and of course one tilted each direction. The Globe shut down in 1986, and the Post immediately slid downhill.

Same thing up here in Anchorage. When there were two papers, they both had real journalists and good information. Now we got one and it's just a bunch of advertisements with AP stories thrown in and an occasional fluff piece by a local amateur writer.
It's looking like the old line rightwing libertarian rag, The OC Register, here in Orange county is sliding down the tubes too. I used to read both the Times and Register for contrast back in the day.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Cleveland's remaining paper, the Plain Dealer, is slipping away too. It was the leftie rag (the rightie one shut down in the 80s) but did attempt to look possibly fair and balanced

Pete
Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Admin

I get all my news from Stephanie Miller, Jon Stewart and Bill Mahr...