Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Exits left humming a couple of choruses of Me and Bobby McGee.
"Freedoms just another word for nuthin' left to lose............"

Hmmmmm......Maybe Kristofferson could see the "race to the bottom" coming way back then? Now, that's visionary.

Dave
Old 06-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Area Man

I agree, Rob. This country will continue to to fall until someone gets serious about moving forward. All either side seems to give a damn about is holding on to power.

We have one side that has people thinking the answer to every problem is government. And the other side thinking the government is entirely evil....well, except when they ARE the government, of course.

And then there is the public, stuck in the middle, dazed and confused, wondering; "How will I pay for my healthcare when I am unable to work?", "Is my government protecting us from terrorism?", "When is America gonna start building industry again?" and other issues that directly and deeply affect our future. As the politicians squabble about queers, religious artifacts in public buildings, the latest sex scandals, and a host of other things that don't really matter at all when you get right down to it.

Rock On,
Dave
Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I agree, Rob. This country will continue to to fall until someone gets serious about moving forward. All either side seems to give a damn about is holding on to power.

We have one side that has people thinking the answer to every problem is government. And the other side thinking the government is entirely evil....well, except when they ARE the government, of course.

And then there is the public, stuck in the middle, dazed and confused, wondering; "How will I pay for my healthcare when I am unable to work?", "Is my government protecting us from terrorism?", "When is America gonna start building industry again?" and other issues that directly and deeply affect our future. As the politicians squabble about queers, religious artifacts in public buildings, the latest sex scandals, and a host of other things that don't really matter at all when you get right down to it.

Rock On,
Dave
Dazed and confused?

Not this cowpoke, I know when I'm being bent over the bar.

Chas
Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 AM

The ones that chap my azz are the stuff like mandatory seatbelt laws, & the outrageous intrusions on privacy when you go to an airport...I KNOW the seatbelt stuff is For My Own Good, but dammit, I STILL don't like being told what to do-it's MY neck, after all, if I don't wanna "buckle up", I shouldn't be hectored by a bunch of silly-ass bongs & chimes in the car, or have to worry about some jerkwater cop trying to pay for his salary. The airport business-Again, yeah, I guess its necessary after 9/11 & all, but...I REALLY wonder if we're all that much more safe w/25 morbidly obese, somnolent black women sitting around every airport gimlet-eyed, perusing every passenger...Or is it simply a HUGE make-work project, & get that many more people on the Gummint teat...Most of the people you see as TSA agents are either the aforementioned weighty waddlers, or weaselish types who REALLY get into it & dearly love tossing their authority around over the helpless sheeple. And Janet Big Sis, doesn't she remind you of the snarky gal who was the student gov't big shot, but who never had a date, or many friends in the 1st place, because she WAS so snarky & disagreeable ?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Considering that I installled both seatbelts and a dash pad in a 1962 Ford Falcon what I resent was whoever decided that air bags shouls protect a 150 male who was too effing stupid to wear a setbalt. Said airbag will kill a short woman sitting close toe the wheel. Let the 150 pound male die, darwinism in action.

BTW the seatbelts prolly saved my ass when I rolled that Falcon.