Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Because of lies we're going to live with an unjust, immoral and corrupt system of health care for decades to come. Hell, who the *hell* is ever going to take this one on again?
I think we have to keep at it in this session of Congress and ram it through any way we have to. Otherwise you're right. No future Congress will want to touch this for at least a generation.

Reid has to fall on his sword over this and someone who knows how to kick him some caucus ass needs to take over, maybe Durban...... or maybe Boxer.

John
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 PM

all summer we heard about the teabaggers on medicare pleading 'i don't want the government messing around with my healthcare'.

that used to crack me up. , the morons, they deserve whatever they end up with.

edit-hmm, that me reminds of the saying, “in a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.”'. or however it goes. toqueville or someone...

Last edited by westgate; 01-19-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post
the morons, they deserve whatever we end up with.
Fixed it for ya.

John
Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 PM

It's not Reid's fault. He got the vote.

Here's what I think we're going to see next- anyone notice that Obama moved the State of the Union up to next week? That ain't 'cause he's worried about bumping "Lost" out of it's time slot. He's got something planned on this. I'm afraid, though, that his plan is to try to cajole the House to vote on the Senate bill. I'm just not sure it can be done. Too many ignorant red necks in the House who don't realize they're screwed either way.

Politically it's a much better play to pass the damned thing. As I've said before it can't live up to the negative hype the evil ones have laid on it. When the sky doesn't fall and the stock market doesn't implode it would be all about providing health care to people. Folks would say "what, this isn't bad? What were those ass holes on about?" They would need to figure out a way to get the economy going right quick and get that damned unemployment down. That's a big task and not sure they can do that either. But if they did, they'd be golden.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. They won't even clear test one. Democrats are wimps. I don't know. Maybe Rham is making calls now. He's damn near as ruthless as a Republican. Maybe he is threatening their families if they don't vote for the damned thing.

Grr. I just hate how Republicans are all 100% identical and can move as if with one brain, which, when you think about it is pretty accurate. But Democrats are a diverse and well meaning bunch. That's a great thing, but our system isn't set up for thought and debate. It's set up for cut-throat, ruthless, take no prisoners battle. Republicans were born for that. Democrats, not so much.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Fixed it for ya.

John
thanks, i think. i'm a little new at this.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
thanks, i think. i'm a little new at this.
Nah! Jes' funnin' ya.

John
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
all summer we heard about the teabaggers on medicare pleading 'i don't want the government messing around with my healthcare'.

that used to crack me up. ,
It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Damn, I haven't been this hot since we elected Bush for a second term. I get the one time. You know, fool me once and all that. But a SECOND time? That the hell was that? Sure worked out well though...

Sometimes don't you hate when you're *exactly* right.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Area Man

Well, I'm no worse off than I was to begin with-----yet. I have great health benefits--- until the premiums get so expensive that my employer can no longer afford them that is.
Then that'll be something that I used to get as an incentive to work. But, at least I'll be happy to know somebody, somewhere is getting rich off of it.

And that's all that really matters-----Right?

Dave
Old 01-19-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
hmm, that me reminds of the saying, “in a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.”'. or however it goes. toqueville or someone...
The one I like is from Franklin.

After the close of the Constitutional Convention a woman asked Franklin what sort of government he and his fellows had given the country.

Franklin replied, "A democracy, Madam, if you can keep it."

That ol' Ben, he knew a thing or two.

He also said, "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

John
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, I'm no worse off than I was to begin with-----yet. I have great health benefits--- until the premiums get so expensive that my employer can no longer afford them that is.
Then that'll be something that I used to get as an incentive to work. But, at least I'll be happy to know somebody, somewhere is getting rich off of it.

And that's all that really matters-----Right?

Dave
I wonder if it will get to a point where people will wake up and say "shit, this really *does* suck" and demand something be done. I can't complain. I have good coverage. It costs me an arm and a leg, but I'm fortunate to be able to pay for it. Yeah, it's more this year than last... again and the co-pay that was $5 six years ago is $25 now. But at least for now I still have it and it's still reasonable enough that I can afford it easily. But I'm pretty lucky. Unfortunately, I have this horrible trait they call empathy. I'm distressed for *others* who are not as lucky as I am. This is a trait our Republican friends are not burdened with.