Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Notice that this argument neither refutes the accusations against Trump, nor excuses his actions in any way. All this argument does is get people thinking about Woodward's fault, instead of Trumps undeniable fault. That why I say it is a public relations (PR) maneuver, not an actual defense. Whatever you may decide to think about Woodward, Trump is still exactly as guilty as he was before this idea was brought up. But the effect of the PR maneuver is to make people stop focusing on Trump's fault, and focus on Woodward's instead.

Woodward is not President; his fault, if any, is of much less vital importance than Trump's. This thing is just defense by distraction, which is why I said it should be disregarded.
I didn't mean to give the impression that I'm trying to excuse Trump in any way. He's the president (choke) and even though he refuses to acknowledge it, the buck stops with him.

I was just trying to put myself in Woodward's shoes upon hearing back in early February that COVID was an airborne disease and realizing that Trump wasn't going to share that vital info with the public. I think and hope I would have said to myself, fuck the book, I need to let people know what Trump is unwilling to share instead of sitting on this info for so many months until my book tour started.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:52 PM

BW probably didn't know if the babbling nitwit was bullshitting or being truthful. He famously doesn't have a working relationship with truth or actual facts, Woodward does and cares about that.

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-12-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:58 PM

I feel Woodward's delay in reporting is a distraction from the actions of Trump.

There is plenty of evidence the information being reported by other sources as to the threat C-19 was going to be. Add to this most I know had already figured T was a lair and the stock market and economy were the driving forces behind the lie.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I feel Woodward's delay in reporting is a distraction from the actions of Trump.

There is plenty of evidence the information being reported by other sources as to the threat C-19 was going to be. Add to this most I know had already figured T was a lair and the stock market and economy were the driving forces behind the lie.
Looking good is the driving force, to feed his insatiable shallow self-regard.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Looking good is the driving force, to feed his insatiable shallow self-regard.
That too!
Old 09-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Ready

Did you know that trump and Ivanka were on a TV show in 2013, just a 'fun talk with celebrities' type show, and they were each asked to name their 'fave thing they have in common with the other,' and Trump said 'sex?'

It's true! I grant you it was a fun show where you go for laughs, but who makes that joke about their daughter? Given the many touchy pictures of those two, and Trumps other creepy comments about her, it starts being not at all funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_axTST2aY

Last edited by donquixote99; 09-11-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:52 AM

John Fogerty: 'Confounding' that Trump campaign played 'Fortunate Son' at rally

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ayed-fortunate

Quote:
“I wrote the song back in 1969 at the height of the Vietnam War," Fogerty said in a video. “By the time I wrote the song, I had already been drafted and had served in the military. And I’ve been a livelong supporter of our guys and gals in the military, probably because of that experience.”

Fogerty said he wrote the song, in part, because he was “upset” about how rich people with privilege and money could avoid the draft.

“I found that very upsetting that such a thing could occur and that’s why I wrote ‘Fortunate Son,’” he said. "That was the inspiration for the song."

He noted the opening lyrics of the song read: “Some folks are born, made to wave the flag / Ooh, their red, white and blue / And when the band plays ‘Hail to the Chief’ / Ooh, they point the cannon at you.”

Fogerty said that’s “exactly what happened” in Lafayette Square near the White House in June when federal officers used force to clear Black Lives Matter protesters ahead of Trump's visit to a nearby church for a photo-op.

“It’s a song I could have written now, so I find it confusing, I would say, that the president has chosen to use my song for his political rallies, when in fact it seems like he is probably the fortunate son,” he concluded.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:29 AM

The dumb ass Trumkins who chose that song for the rally didn't know the words.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:07 PM

Orange Shitstain campaign ad misspells "Nobel" — while touting Donny's nomination for peace prize
The ad also falsely proclaimed that Donny has “has achieved PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST”

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/12/tru...prize_partner/

Quote:
An official campaign ad on social media touting President Trump being nominated for the Nobel Peace Price by a Norwegian right-wing politician has misspelled "Nobel" as "Noble."

The ad also falsely proclaimed that Trump has "has achieved PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST," along with the caption "President Trump was nominated for the Noble Peace Prize."
Ignorance and lies. Yeah, that's what we want ruining the country.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
He is a sociopathic self-serving master manipulator, that's his super power.
He thought in his delusional arrogance he could "play" BW as such, but Woodward is not the gullible fool that Trump takes his usual "marks" to be.
Said so myself, previously.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/polit...ard/index.html

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-12-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread