Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Area Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_destruction

Ah, yes. From the minds of Schumpeter and......Karl Marx.

Dave
Old 09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Loyal Opposition

Here is a more comprehensive breakdown of the types of taxes paid by Americans, including low income Americans. Bottom Line - almost everyone pays some sort of taxes. What is interesting is that one of the anti-poverty programs is the earned income tax credit. Most folks who receive that are on it for two years or less, and most end up paying more in taxes than they received on EITC. That's contrary to the suggestion that the 47% includes a class of dependent Americans. Moreover, 60 percent of the folks who don't pay taxes according to the tax table, do pay payroll taxes.

This really ought to put the pressure on Romney to release his tax returns. Otherwise how do we know whether, in addition to being one of the 1%, he isn't also one of the 47%.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Area Man

Yep. In actuality everyone pays taxes. You can't purchase a gallon of gas or a six pack of Pepsi without paying a tax. The notion that there are people who pay zero taxes in this country is nonsense.

I find the idea of a guy who has never actually had to work a day in his life and hides so much of his money offshore complaining about Americans who try to avoid contributing to be a little.............I dunno. What's the word, Fellas? Help me out here...........

Dave
Old 09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yep. In actuality everyone pays taxes. You can't purchase a gallon of gas or a six pack of Pepsi without paying a tax. The notion that there are people who pay zero taxes in this country is nonsense.

I find the idea of a guy who has never actually had to work a day in his life and hides so much of his money offshore complaining about Americans who try to avoid contributing to be a little.............I dunno. What's the word, Fellas? Help me out here...........

Dave
Romneyesque

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Romneyesque

Regards,

D-Ray
Good one!

Dave
Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I cannot see him coming back from this....I pray that I am right. I knew when he dogged the cookie maker he was not suited for office. He proved it tonight...
Stick a fork in him, he is done but the Kochie brothers and Adelsohn are standing behind the curtain with wheelbarrows of cash to spend. This level of corruption has never been seen in Americas' politics before and once Obama is reelected I hope it's the last.

Keep the faith and don't slow down because all of this dirty money is going to hit the fan and the airwaves in the next several weeks. The only way the President doesn't get re elected will be by fraud or they will do their damnest to assassinate him. I hope that the Secret Service is doing their job and not gettting lax or complacent. There are too many wackjobs all ginned up on this vicious apocalyptic vision that the Republicans are spewing out. If you NRA supporters want to keep your guns, you had better keep an eye on your less than stable friends and acquaintances. I know it's a big job but think for once.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 PM

IMO Romney will be able to govern provided he does a good job at it. People tend to have short memories when it comes to politics.

It's always hard to judge these guys during campaign season. They have to whore themselves out to get money and votes. Quite frankly, it seems the only way to get money out of rich people is to tell them that they are right, the 99% or 47% or whatever are lazy.

Having said that, the only way Romney could get my vote is if he splits from the party line during the debates. The unfortunate thing is that at this point it wouldn't take much. All he would have to do is say that he agrees with Obama on some points but I bet he doesn't even have spine to do that.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
IMO Romney will be able to govern provided he does a good job at it. People tend to have short memories when it comes to politics.

You got that right!

It's always hard to judge these guys during campaign season. They have to whore themselves out to get money and votes. Quite frankly, it seems the only way to get money out of rich people is to tell them that they are right, the 99% or 47% or whatever are lazy.

Having the rich believe such things, during campaigns, is one thing. It's when that 99 or 47% percent begins to believe these things themselves and don't seem to realize that he's talking about them...........Do you understand what I'm sayin'?

Having said that, the only way Romney could get my vote is if he splits from the party line during the debates. The unfortunate thing is that at this point it wouldn't take much. All he would have to do is say that he agrees with Obama on some points but I bet he doesn't even have spine to do that.
There once was a time, when he was still a governor, I believe, when I thought Romney was decent guy.

Those days are gone forever.

Dave
Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Loyal Opposition

Matt Miller came up with a brutal description of the latest gaffe:
"To be so insultingly tone deaf and self-destructive even while being dead wrong and hypocritical on the substance is a perverse sort of accomplishment. It’s not easy to be this bad — but, like Roger Federer in his chosen field, Romney somehow makes it look effortless."
Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Matt Miller came up with a brutal description of the latest gaffe:
"To be so insultingly tone deaf and self-destructive even while being dead wrong and hypocritical on the substance is a perverse sort of accomplishment. It’s not easy to be this bad — but, like Roger Federer in his chosen field, Romney somehow makes it look effortless."
Regards,

D-Ray
It's easy when you truly believe you are right.

I've been trying to tell people for decades that guys like R&R are every bit the same as anyone in government, if not worse, in some ways. They look at the rest of us, and all they see are dollar signs. You are either a plus or a minus on the balance sheet and God help you when you become a minus. (I say "when" rather than "if" because nearly ALL of us will, eventually. You can't stop growing old.)

When enough people finally realize that an Randian "objectivist" views them purely as an "object" and NOT as a human being, maybe they will finally wake up from this absurd fantasy world they live in before it's too late?

One can only hope.

Dave