Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Have you been reading his posts? This guy suggested another member was a pedophile because he didn't like the other guy's opinion and flat refused to apologize for it.

Mike if you want to carry on a confab with this guy go for it, nobody is stopping you and if you don't want to hear my opinion in an open thread here, feel free to ignore it. No goddamn skin off my nose.
No, I don't have the time to read every post here. But obviously some do, and obviously some have developed strong feelings about folks. I'm just observing that this one thread seemed to be a bit over the top. Like D-Ray said, if you don't like a post, including this one, ignore it. But the "troll" thing seems counterproductive to the point of even eliciting more of the behavior you claim to find distasteful.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No, I don't have the time to read every post here. But obviously some do, and obviously some have developed strong feelings about folks. I'm just observing that this one thread seemed to be a bit over the top. Like D-Ray said, if you don't like a post, including this one, ignore it. But the "troll" thing seems counterproductive to the point of even eliciting more of the behavior you claim to find distasteful.
OK, now we agree quite a bit. This is frightening. Although, sometimes I think the temptation to look at ignored posts is something akin to the attraction to a train wreck.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
OK, now we agree quite a bit. This is frightening.
Scary. Let's knock it off and get back to arguing before anyone notices.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
OK, now we agree quite a bit. This is frightening. Although, sometimes I think the temptation to look at ignored posts is something akin to the attraction to a train wreck.

Regards,

D-Ray
Can we make it a threesome?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Does anyone care to comment on the content of the original post, or does that not matter at all? Seems to me that there is some significance when a member of the cabinet makes statements like he did.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Does anyone care to comment on the content of the original post, or does that not matter at all? Seems to me that there is some significance when a member of the cabinet makes statements like he did.
I figure the truth and statements from the government is a rare occurrence. Always was and figure will always be.

May not agree or like but can see that somethings are done for reasons above my pay grade.

Barney
Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Truth, government, rare... I couldn't agree more, Barny, but where is the lie here, Timmy or the WH?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM

Government press conferences are not exactly events where full disclosure takes place. There's spin, there's half truths, there's deference and talking points. But specific and intentional deception is quite another matter. I'm not so sure that this particular reference from Geithner's book rises quite to that level. However, it does confirm something that I've always suspected: folks on the left do respond to "dog whistles".
Old 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned

When you have as many lies and scandals coming from government and the administration more than any time in history.

When it's so obvious yet no actions taking to correct, hold accountable and or have the Justice Department look into the case.

All the while seeing the intense abuse of monetary corruption of government agencies, blatant wast of tax payers dollars for "Party Time"

The minimal effort of the media to expose the truth and in fact to suppress information.

Some do want to know the truth and little by little it comes out. Confirming and backing the initial rational deductions of the Americans intellect. You can't suppress the truth forever nor the American public and a backlash will ensue.

Coming To A Government Near You.

As far as Geithner's statement in his book that I posted matches the White House's emails just released. So I would deduct it as factual being the book was not change to match the email talking points.

To be blunt your president and involved administration is actively lying to you in order to cover up a failed policy in Benghazi. It worked the first time for a Presidential power grab. In return all we have gotten from it is the ramping up of more lies and scandals.

I don't think the American intellect will be so naive as some of the posters on this site come the midterms and 2016.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
When you have as many lies and scandals coming from government and the administration more than any time in history.
Resources, por favor. Unless you really mean "government", which is pretty much half Republican.

Well 5 below? Do ya?