Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:06 PM

You also forgot about the percentage of votes of the 5 battleground states that went for our Liar-In-Chief is not beyond what the Russian hackers could have done and we know they were there too.
But just wait until the shoe is on the other foot, then it will become a major issue to the party of No.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Ready

If you want to think about 'how Trump won,' think about Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

If your concern is 'the state of the union,' think about rural vs urban, think about class, and think about race.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
You also forgot about the percentage of votes of the 5 battleground states that went for our Liar-In-Chief is not beyond what the Russian hackers could have done and we know they were there too.
But just wait until the shoe is on the other foot, then it will become a major issue to the party of No.
You just know that if the Russian hacks had enabled Hillary to win the republicans would have already issued a declaration of war on Russia by now. Those republicans, they are quite the hypocritical gang eh?
Old 07-04-2017, 04:04 PM

Yep, they sure are.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Uh, wow. Pretty cynical analysis, but pretty typical of how Dems are way off in their analysis of the Nov election.

Start with the highlighted part above: depending on what poll you look at, Trump sucked in about 10% of the Dem vote. Mostly Dems who were not satisfied with the overall economy, and yes, this number is disproportionately white and male. But, Dems forgot about this segment of the vote a long time ago, and it has come back to haunt them. If the Dems had even tried a little to appeal to this group rather than consistently alienate them, Hillary would likely be in the White House now.
So where did I mention "democrats" anywhere? Or "republicans", for that matter? Nowhere. Go play party politics with somebody else. My comments were about the fucked up culture we live in.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
So where did I mention "democrats" anywhere? Or "republicans", for that matter? Nowhere. Go play party politics with somebody else. My comments were about the fucked up culture we live in.
You mentioned democrats three times.

Quote:
A lot of ragging about the Democratic Party these days and how they blew the election. Obviously, I wasn't around here for the primary campaigns or the election, but in a nutshell here's my take on this silly shit.

The Democrats ran the best classically trained candidate for the office in my lifetime. If we had been able to rid ourselves of the raggedy holdover from this country's pre-democratic past (the electoral college), that candidate would have won, the executive branch jobs would all be filled, and the country would be rolling along relatively without a care in the world. So...I'm not gonna blame the Democratic party for anything.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
A lot of ragging about the Democratic Party these days and how they blew the election. Obviously, I wasn't around here for the primary campaigns or the election, but in a nutshell here's my take on this silly shit.

The Democrats ran the best classically trained candidate for the office in my lifetime. If we had been able to rid ourselves of the raggedy holdover from this country's pre-democratic past (the electoral college), that candidate would have won, the executive branch jobs would all be filled, and the country would be rolling along relatively without a care in the world. So...I'm not gonna blame the Democratic party for anything.

The only reason we are where we're at right now is on the people. The country is somewhere between a third and half full of assholes.

The "unfavorable" numbers we see these days don't require a whole lot of analysis. Trump never had the votes of any legitimate progressives or moderates, pretty much all of whom voted for Hillary...a little less than 50% the electorate. Trump got the votes of intellectually lazy-ass "independents" who left their brains in their other pants, and the votes of 1%er's who's only interest was in their federal income tax bill...an additional 15% of the electorate. Trump has managed to lose these self-absorbed assholes in the first 150 days. Finally there's his base of bigot, xenophobic, nativist, nationalistic poor disenfranchised white people (who have had all the advantages in this country since the founding)...the remaining 35% of the country are, of course, sticking with him. Despicables forever.

That's 98%. In thinking about it further...the missing percent or so in there are miffed milennials, (and other massively self-absorbed types with personalities that put them on the other side of the same coin with Donald) mostly infected with Bernie-itis, who decided to spend election day in some fucking Starbucks somewhere sucking down their Triple, Venti, Half Sweet, Non-Fat, Caramel Macchiato's...and who are the most despicable of all. And an extra-special happy independence day too all of you.

"Every country has the government it deserves." - Joseph de Maistre. Never fit better than it does today.

Didja miss me?
The essential reason for the Dems defeat-- they were effectively gerrymandered.

Last edited by Dondilion; 07-04-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You mentioned democrats three times.
A historical reference and a reference to the topic title. Having nothing to do within the context of my post on why the people voted as they did.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
A historical reference and a reference to the topic title. Having nothing to do within the context of my post on why the people voted as they did.
Sorry dude, but whell's gotcha on this one.

Last edited by nailer; 07-05-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If your concern is 'the state of the union,' think about rural vs urban, think about class, and think about race.
Good point and I think religious beliefs should be thought about too.