Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 AM

Personal gun needs.

Where should the line be drawn? I think this is an honest question and should stay short, sweet, and strictly to the point. For my personal needs, here goes:

.38 special for self and family protection. I pray that day never comes but that is what I have, and why.

4.10, and a 16ga. passed down from family. Do I hunt with them? No, but they mean alot to me just the same. Would never sell them, even though there is no real value.

Lever action 30/30 for hunting. It is ALL I need to drop a deer with. I've yet to see one fail to put meat in the freezer when proper aim is taken before pulling the trigger. Dad taught us early on that if you miss with the first shot the deer is going to run and stray bullets is bad practice. Same way at home. If you have no choice but to shoot a man to save your family from harm you best not miss or you may not get a chance to fire twice.. and you can't fart around all day taking aim, you gotta be able to aim and get your first shot off quickly. And again, no wild fire. You do not want stray bullets flying through walls putting others at risk in another room. Assault riffles can do exactly that, and remember I said it only takes one shot to stop a man.

I'm not a gun collector, or gun hobbyist. I have only two guns that I need, and the shotguns are family hand me downs that I cherish for that reason. Therefor I personally don't own or need an assault riffle. To each their own.

What do y'all think? Where should the line be drawn, in your opinion? Which side of the line would y'all say I am on. Fair side of the line, or not fair? I feel it is fair.

I'd also like to hear others needs for guns and what they feel is fair for themselves. I'm not trashing anyone for owning an AR. I'm just not in the need of one personally.

Last edited by hillbilly; 01-12-2013 at 04:19 AM.