Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Area Man

Did you read the article?

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Did you read the article?

Dave
Yes I did and I was not refering to the article but rather to your "dream" scenario

Pretty sure there are enough in the extreme right wing and maybe military that would not be pleased with a Romney win.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Area Man

The two are linked. The dream scenario started when I saw the story of this town on 60 Minutes.

Not pleased with a Romney win? But they would be just peachy with the prospect of another four years of Obama?

I just don't get how people think the idea of rightwingers forcing their will on an unwilling populace is inconceivable. Maybe you need to read the article again, I dunno. But, that's the real deal. It's actually happening. They've seized control of an entire town and begun building their high dollar resort. And the citizens have been stripped of any say in the matter.

That, to me, is a nightmare.

Things like that aren't supposed to happen in this country. Especially from folks who babble incessantly about the evils of big government.

Looks like big, overbearing government to me.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM

You can try and make everything an argument but I'm not arguing if you notice. Just stating that it really does not matter who is in office or won or lost. It's already happening.

I don't think folks find the idea of "right wingers" forcing their will on others as inconceivable or far fetched. The same goes for the left wing as they do the exact same thing of forcing what they want when possible.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Area Man

I'm not arguing either. Just stating what I see as fact. And I see that a whole lot of folks have been talked into voting a certain way out of distaste or fear of "big government"...........What was that Dobbs said? Two Wings of the same bird?

Like siding with the "good" cop because he treats you nice and promises you freedom. They both want to bust you................

I look to see who appears the most eager to get physical, to overtly usurp democracy and not even bother to be sly about it.....It says something.

Anyhow, this thread is about "Conspiracy Theories". And I fear the day someone just blatantly strips me of my most basic rights......Like the right to vote..............My theory is that one is no better than the other. Might even turn out to be worse, in the end.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Yup!...my father just spent a week here (He's 78 now and spent most of my life in city management ), We had many discussions about the blatant lack of even trying to hide what is going on by either side of that bird you mentioned.

Scary times we are looking at, scary times indeed.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Area Man

You got that right.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM

I don't figure on seeing too many tanks in Bugtussell.

Chas
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Area Man

I've been reading about that town for the last couple hours........

Gawd, what a dump. Turns out no one was voting anyways. 10,000 residents, last Mayoral election less than 700 turned out. One city official won with a unanimous vote of 68.......
The city has lost over 50% of it's population since 1987. Nearly half of the remaining are unemployed.

No doubt that place needed fixin'.

Here's the rub;

The redevelopment is well under way. But, nearly all of the labor being used is coming from elsewhere. So, it really hasn't done much to relieve the local unemployment issues at all. The town is still largely---a dump. With a nice brand new golf course on it's west side.

BTW; The "emergency financial manager" was sent by Gov. Granholm (D). But, the changes to the law allowing him "dictatorial powers" were signed into law by the current Republican governor. (Whose name escapes me at the moment.)

Just so yuz know I'm not always talkin' out my ass. Occasionally, I do actually research things.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I've been reading about that town for the last couple hours........

Gawd, what a dump. Turns out no one was voting anyways. 10,000 residents, last Mayoral election less than 700 turned out. One city official won with a unanimous vote of 68.......
The city has lost over 50% of it's population since 1987. Nearly half of the remaining are unemployed.

No doubt that place needed fixin'.

Here's the rub;

The redevelopment is well under way. But, nearly all of the labor being used is coming from elsewhere. So, it really hasn't done much to relieve the local unemployment issues at all. The town is still largely---a dump. With a nice brand new golf course on it's west side.

BTW; The "emergency financial manager" was sent by Gov. Granholm (D). But, the changes to the law allowing him "dictatorial powers" were signed into law by the current Republican governor. (Whose name escapes me at the moment.)

Just so yuz know I'm not always talkin' out my ass. Occasionally, I do actually research things.

Dave
LOL!

From the sounds of it there is not much of a pool to get labor from unless it was all just unskilled.