Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
First of all - Happy Birthday, Bob!

The actual topic of this thread should rather be the - indeed - charismatic Martin Schulz, but a lot of Volldeppen already hijacked this thread by posting hair-raising bullshit about Germany.

Well, apart from being charismatic and the remarkable Anti-Trump character of Schulz it is the total weakness of Merkel that makes him so strong. She is weak, she is tired, she seems to suffer from a burnout, she tries to hide it, but she can't.

We are fed up to the back teeth with CDU chancellors Kohl and Merkel. Since 1982 (35 years!!!) we suffered 28 years from Kohl and Merkel chancellorship. It is enough. I am sure that Merkel would not have become candidate of the position of chancellor again if there would not have been the probable SPD candidate Gabriel (now secretary of state, a man with zero charisma) but actually Schulz, about three months ago...

Why are the Schulz polls so sensational? It also is because he brings back many many non-voters, like me. Schulz is magic, although he looks like a math teacher. He is a brilliant speaker, and one of his main topics during the election campain will be social justice.

Merkel and her CDU caused an immense, a huge vacuum. Now Schulz will finish our political apathy.

"Jetzt ist Schulz" - an SPD slogan, the great pun can't be translated into English, right, finnbow?
Post is remarkable for its dump on Frau Merkel.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Mutated Member

I posted in English, not in German, Donnyboy. However you did not understand.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
First of all - Happy Birthday, Bob!

The actual topic of this thread should rather be the - indeed - charismatic Martin Schulz, but a lot of Volldeppen already hijacked this thread by posting hair-raising bullshit about Germany.

Well, apart from being charismatic and the remarkable Anti-Trump character of Schulz it is the total weakness of Merkel that makes him so strong. She is weak, she is tired, she seems to suffer from a burnout, she tries to hide it, but she can't.

We are fed up to the back teeth with CDU chancellors Kohl and Merkel. Since 1982 (35 years!!!) we suffered 28 years from Kohl and Merkel chancellorship. It is enough. I am sure that Merkel would not have become candidate of the position of chancellor again if there would not have been the probable SPD candidate Gabriel (now secretary of state, a man with zero charisma) but actually Schulz, about three months ago...

Why are the Schulz polls so sensational? It also is because he brings back many many non-voters, like me. Schulz is magic, although he looks like a math teacher. He is a brilliant speaker, and one of his main topics during the election campain will be social justice.

Merkel and her CDU caused an immense, a huge vacuum. Now Schulz will finish our political apathy.

"Jetzt ist Schulz" - an SPD slogan, the great pun can't be translated into English, right, finnbow?
Who are the dipshits? A lot means a large number and eight members posted before yours.

FWIW, I found the German cuisine talk excellent.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Mutated Member

Okay, a matter of exaggeration, and I enjoyed the kitchen talk.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
I posted in English, not in German, Donnyboy. However you did not understand.
Don understood what you wrote in English.

Quote:
We are fed up to the back teeth with CDU chancellors Kohl and Merkel. Since 1982 (35 years!!!) we suffered 28 years from Kohl and Merkel chancellorship. It is enough.
Does come across as dumping on Merkel considering the high praise you normally give.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Don understood what you wrote in English.

Does come across as dumping on Merkel considering the high praise you normally give.
Come on, man. I never PRAISED her, nor I participated in Merkel bashing.

The political situation in the last about 12 months changed here remarkably (AFD!!!), especially in the last weeks. Merkel IS weak, she does not respond to the new strength of the opponent party SPD and the reactionary AFD in an appropriate manner, more than that: she does not respond at all. I respect this person, but I can't accept her on the political top of Europe anymore.

However I miss so much the harmony between Obama and Merkel. This was - at least in the last years - a comforting and reassuring political relationship in times of worldwide political stormy weather.

Merkel was partly not a bad politician, especially in terms of foreign policy diplomacy, but her time has been running out. And she knows that.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 02-19-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Persona non grata

Schulz vs. Merkel sounds a lot like Bernie vs. Hillary.

Hope you do the right thing and go with Schultz.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Schulz vs. Merkel sounds a lot like Bernie vs. Hillary.

Hope you do the right thing and go with Schultz.

True. Bernie, for example, mobilized a huge number of young people/voters, and so does Schulz.

I did not vote since 1998. This time I will vote again - Schulz of course.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Come on, man. I never PRAISED her, nor I participated in Merkel bashing.

The political situation in the last about 12 months changed here remarkably (AFD!!!), especially in the last weeks. Merkel IS weak, she does not respond to the new strength of the opponent party SPD and the reactionary AFD in an appropriate manner, more than that: she does not respond at all. I respect this person, but I can't accept her on the political top of Europe anymore.

However I miss so much the harmony between Obama and Merkel. This was - at least in the last years - a comforting and reassuring political relationship in times of worldwide political stormy weather.

Merkel was partly not a bad politician, especially in terms of foreign policy diplomacy, but her time has been running out. And she knows that.
I exaggerated and support might have been a better choice of words.