Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Bullshit. Pence's Indiana withheld information on the $7 million tax break given to Carrier in order to give the impression that Trump was responsible for the retained jobs (a scam you bought into as evidenced by the thread you started) and that this represented the beginning of Trump's inspirational jobs program. You bought into it hook, line and sinker. I didn't.
You're the one pedaling the bullshit Finn. This info was right in the NY Times article from my post on 11/30/16, the day after the deal was announced.

The state of Indiana also plans to give economic incentives to Carrier as part of the deal to stay, according to local officials.

Your biggest problem is that you believe your own bullshit.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're the one pedaling the bullshit Finn. This info was right in the NY Times article from my post on 11/30/16, the day after the deal was announced.

The state of Indiana also plans to give economic incentives to Carrier as part of the deal to stay, according to local officials.

You fail to understand that your link makes my point. The "deal" was announced, Trump given the credit, and the price tag for it was concealed as long as possible in order to make it appear that Trump's policies were responsible (which you bought into). This is the model I said was unsustainable (other than your buying into it).

Last edited by finnbow; 09-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Sounds like your problem is you screw those blinkers down tighter and tighter when confronted with evidence that contradicts your preconceptions, Mike.

Open your eyes, man.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Even fixing Wisconsin’s Foxconn deal won’t fix it, says state-requested report

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...vation-centers

Quote:
The report, which was conducted by Tim Bartik of the Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, finds that the smaller facility raises the already unusually high cost per job even further. If the subsidy levels in the current contract are kept, each Foxconn job would cost taxpayers about $290,000, Bartik found, compared to $172,000 if Foxconn built the original $10 billion, 13,000-job facility. For comparison, Bartik estimated the subsidies Virginia offered Amazon for its second headquarters amounted to between $10,000 and $13,000 per job.

The Foxconn deal, which was signed by Walker and touted by President Trump, was supposed to be transformational for Wisconsin.
So much winning! So much bullshit from Whell and his racist, ignorant, bigoted heroes.